Can Feel The Bones 8 Week Kitten

Sydneylee97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a ragdoll cat that had given birth 8 weeks ago today. And she has two kittens. I see them drink from her a lot and I leave a bowl of kitten food out all day. The make kitten feels fine not fat but not too skinny. But his sister is really fluffy but I'm starting to notice that I can feel some of her bones sticking out. And I'm getting worried. They have food out for them 24/7 and the mom is still nursing them. What can be making her so skinny that you can feel a lot of bones sticking out? But her brother seems to be fine

Katiekat412

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she had been a stray (and she's not) the most likely answer would be parasites. They are very common in kittens but would need a way to get in. So if the mom doesn't go in and out, and they haven't been out, that's unlikely. Often the mom can't provide enough nutrition- also unlikely with only two kittens, but possible. Try giving her calorie supplementation. They have a kitten milk for this, or you can use something like nutrical. I would soak kitten chow in the kitten formula, then microwave it until warm, and let it sit until the food got soft. The smell, and the easier to eat texture tends to stimulate eating. If you ever get to a point where she isn't thriving, insist that the vet give a B12 injection. I don't know why, but it's saved my kittens in the past that seemed health as far as 3 months and then started to fail. Best of luck.