Can cats legs "fall asleep"?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do any of you know?

Trout just seemed to be favouring her back leg..she is an indoor cat so I can't imagine that it's hurt..She then climbed into the boxspring so I'll see if she continues to limp when she comes out.

But please let me know if you know the answer..
thanks.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What was she doing before you noticed the limp? Figure that out and you may know what caused it.

By the way I LOVE your sig, Trout is beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be fine today..playing fetch as per usual in the morning when I'm still half asleep and trying to eat breakfast!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked this question myself some time ago because I noticed that when Rocket woke up from a nap in his bed on top of the kitchen cabinet he would shake his back leg and favor it for a few minutes....just like it was asleep. Somebody pointed out that the bed was too small for him and maybe his sleeping position was cramped, so I took away the bed and replaced it was a blanket, and I haven't seen him do that with his leg again. So, yes, I think his leg did "fall asleep."

nierman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You posted in 2006 that you massage your male cats' legs when they cramp.  Mine seems to be getting cramps just recently.  Are you able to feel the tight muscle when you massage it?  I'm still trying to diagnosis for sure is cramps are his issue.