Can cats have grey eyes?

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sweet kitten, Ash, is grey and white. . .when I met him in foster care at 6wks old his eyes were a beautiful blue. But I knew that was likely just his kitten color. By the time we brought him home at 9 weeks his eyes were grey. . .really the exact shade as his coat. (And he has these beautiful markings with a white blaze, but the grey going around his eyes like eye liner--shoulda named him Freddie Mercury!). His mother was a calico with green eyes. . .he is now just 11 weeks old and his eyes are still grey although a touch more yellow/green than they were two weeks ago.

Do you think they will stay grey or keep shifting? Or would you just call this green?
ash 11weeks.JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eye color in cats can take up to two years to mature. Since he's not pointed in color, his eyes will probably end up somewhere on the spectrum from green to orange/copper. He's a lovely cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eye color in cats can take up to two years to mature. Since he's not pointed in color, his eyes will probably end up somewhere on the spectrum from green to orange/copper. He's a lovely cat!
Oh interesting. most of what I've seen suggests the color is set by 3 months. Thanks!