Can calico cat have a blue eyes ?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she appears to be calico in color. Calico cats can definitely have blue eyes, as a result of the white spotting gene. They can also have odd eyes (one blue eye, and one green or gold eye). This particular kitten appears to be quite young, so it's hard to say whether she will have blue or odd eyes when she grows up. You will have to wait and see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

costo17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old is she? She look pretty young which would explain the blue eyes.
I've just found it outside without her mother so after 2 days i decided to adopt her i thibk 4 weeks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The left eye looks cloudy. Is this a effect of the photo, or it MAY be some problem with the eye?

IF its blindness, it wont affect her much as an inside only home pet.

Otherwise I agree, the most probable explanation for blue eyes is she is still very young.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No she's just very very young. Kitten eyes don't change until 6-8 weeks old. I would say 3-4 weeks old. If she's walking with zero issues she's 4, if wobbly 2.3-3.5 weeks old. Did you take momma inside to?

costo17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she appears to be calico in color. Calico cats can definitely have blue eyes, as a result of the white spotting gene. They can also have odd eyes (one blue eye, and one green or gold eye). This particular kitten appears to be quite young, so it's hard to say whether she will have blue or odd eyes when she grows up. You will have to wait and see.
How old is she? She look pretty young which would explain the blue eyes.
She has one month

costo17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she's just very very young. Kitten eyes don't change until 6-8 weeks old. I would say 3-4 weeks old. If she's walking with zero issues she's 4, if wobbly 2.3-3.5 weeks old. Did you take momma inside to?
I didn't found her mom

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The left eye looks cloudy. Is this a effect of the photo, or it MAY be some problem with the eye?
My guess from looking at the first picture is that the kitten may be odd-eyed (different colored eyes, one blue and one gold or green), since the eyes are slightly different shades of blue. However I agree with you that the left eye looks a little cloudy in the picture (looking closely at the pupil). If the eye looks cloudy in person, it would be good to visit a vet and have that checked.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look like she has a URI, so yes vet trip is needed.