Can anyone recommend a good unscented, clumping litter?

brenda1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I currently use Tidy Cats Instant Action clumping litter. It works well, but it seems anymore my cat always has this scent on her feet from the litter which I don't like smelling. Her litter box is in the basement, so I am not worried about litter box odors, not that I have ever had or noticed bad oders from her litter box. Anyway, I would really prefer an unscented one. This litter is not highly scented, but I am not enjoying the scent that seems to now be left on her. If anyone uses an unscented litter that clumps well, please let me know. Thanks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply Paws & Claws Scoopable Cat Litter- the red/blue box and purple/blue bag are both fragrance free, the Dual Odor is not

Petco So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free Cat Litter

Fresh Step Unscented Extreme Clumping Litter (I get this at BJ's, but I think PetSmart also sells it)

Frisco Fragrance Free Scoopable Cat Litter from Chewy.com

Target Boots & Barkley Fragrance Free Scoopable Cat Litter

Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Fragrance-Free Clumping Litter

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know Amazon had their own cat litter now. Thanks for telling us. I'll have to try it sometime. I see PetSmart also has one, but I've never tried it. It's called Grreat Choice Long Lasting Cat Litter - Scoopable, Multi-Cat, Fragrance Free

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used Tidy Cats for many years.  Recently one of my cats developed asthma so I needed a low dust litter.  Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal - comes in a black box.  It is pricey but wow!  I am stunned at the reduction in the dust!  With 7 cats and 9 boxes, it is a big, big improvement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brenda1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gosh, I did not know there were so many options.  Thanks for the replies.  Having never had only an inside only cat, this was my first time with litter.  I asked a lot of questions about litter and a friend recommended a different Tidy Cat litter.  At that time, I had Bella's box in an upstairs room.  I had the room set up before we brought her home from the shelter and thought I would choke from the perfume smell just going up the steps.  I soon changed it to the Instant Action which was much less offensive.  Anyway, I can't understand the highly perfumed litters; definitely offends my sense of smell, can only imagine what it does to cats.

And oh my Freedom, 7 cats and 9 litter boxes--God bless you!!

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal is definitely my favorite litter. We buy it when it goes on sale. I'm really sensitive to smells and Multicat and MicroGuard both don't aggravate my sinuses. I honestly can't remember if they are scented or not but they are best all around to me: great clumping, low scent, low dust, high odor control.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Dr. Elsey's Ultra Precious Cat litter (blue bag) in all 6 litter boxes.  It is Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, 99.9% dust free, clumps well, scoops well and best of all...cats love it.  I buy it at Petsmart, though other places carry it.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And oh my Freedom, 7 cats and 9 litter boxes--God bless you!!
Don't forget the 5 small dogs.  I pick up poop in the fenced in area almost daily.  Seems I spend lots of time with poop!  HAHA HAAAAAAAA.

I've been ordering lots of pet supplies from Chewy.com  The pricing is great, usually same as on Amazon.  I love the 'to the door' delivery as I am having issues with one hip.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

brenda1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mizzely, I know what you mean about the sinus issues.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mizzely, I know what you mean about the sinus issues.
​I tried Fresh Step and Tidy Cats both and I can't do it. I had to have hubby bring home a mask from work just so I could clean the boxes. Made me feel like I was suffocating. Can't imagine how my cats felt!

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I use Dr. Elsey's Ultra Precious Cat litter (blue bag) in all 6 litter boxes.  It is Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, 99.9% dust free, clumps well, scoops well and best of all...cats love it.  I buy it at Petsmart, though other places carry it.
I use this litter, too! It does track a bit even with a litter mat, but I'm willing to deal with that because it excels in every other category.

catlover1028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Pretty Litter. It is really helpful because it can detect if your cat has an infection like a UTI. The only thing is it can get really dusty because you only scoop the droppings, not the urine. You have to check out the website to see how it works because I am really bad at explaining things! Here is the link:

https://prettylittercats.com/

ryleeroo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use Okocat litter, the pellets (to me they seem more like flakes) are biodegradable wood, soft and unscented. It's pretty lightweight but absorbs very well. I totally recommend, it's really cool!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sort of doubt that there are more than 2-3 manufacturers of clumping cat litter.  Most of the different brands likely contain the same litter product.  I use the store brand from Pet Supplies Plus.  It's usually $12 for 40 lbs., but I stock up when it goes on ad for $10-$11.

ginnyj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been using "World's Best" cat liter for years and very happy with it.  

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use a combination of Tidy Cat Instant Action and World's Best. I like the odor control of the Instant Action, and the World's Best keeps the dust from the Instant Action down.

mrbreezeet1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply Paws & Claws Scoopable Cat Litter- the red/blue box and purple/blue bag are both fragrance free, the Dual Odor is not

Petco So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free Cat Litter

Fresh Step Unscented Extreme Clumping Litter (I get this at BJ's, but I think PetSmart also sells it)

Frisco Fragrance Free Scoopable Cat Litter from Chewy.com

Target Boots & Barkley Fragrance Free Scoopable Cat Litter

Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Fragrance-Free Clumping Litter
Do you like the TSC paws and claws?
I have been using it, it seems pretty good quality, and is reasonable in price, and often on sale.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk