Can anyone recommend a good ubiquinol form of CoQ10, preferably one that isn't a softgel? :-)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were recently informed that it would probably be a good idea to get Buddy started on the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 to promote good gum health (as well as fish oil), as he's FIV+ and prone to gingivitis. But we're only supposed to give him 50 mg. a day, and thus far, we've only been able to find the ubiquinol form in 100 mg. (or higher) softgels.

Any ideas? *asks hopefully*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did a quick search on both Amazon and iHerb, there are quite a few major-ish brands with the Kaneka stamp (Doctor's Best, NOW...) that have it in 50mg.

ETA:
Now Foods, Ubiquinol CoQH-CF, 60 Softgels

Doctor's Best, Ubiquinol with Kaneka, 50 mg, 90 Softgels
Awesome! Thanks oodles! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

I'm so glad you had better luck than I did. It's the weirdest thing. Sometimes I can't find what I need on Amazon, and I'll try again later, and whatever I was looking for suddenly mystically and magically appears. :lol:

This morning I found some non-ubiquinol Doctor's Best CoQ10 with bioperene at the store to make do until we can get the other form. To be honest, it was so easy to sneak the non-ubiquinol veggie caps into Buddy's food without him noticing, we may just see how he does on that for now before switching to the softgels. Bless his heart, he requires so many other meds and supplements on a rotating basis, the easier for him, the better. :)

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try Piping Rock in New York I cant beat their prices anywhere but shipping is a little slow.
Amazing how many human supplements also work for cats! I was on 200 a day (the cheap form) CoE Q 10 and quit a couple months ago with less energy now so I'm about to buy more. Its good for our gums. heart, on and on.\ Piping Rock is having a 50% off sale ends Oct 23rd anyone on statins needs co E Q 10 but how many doctors have them on it?
Heres a kewl fact...
cats make 180 mg ascorbic acid in their livers daily...and humans are supposed to be ok on 75mg women and 90mg for men?
I'm on five to six thousand a day divided doses in every meal with amazing benefits in past year. Was on 1000 mg a day with no help for allergies post nasal drip and it went away completely when I bumped it up. Linus Pauling was right and won a nobel prize on C research. he took 9000-12,000 mg a day but still died of cancer. I;m giving a pinch in my 19 yr olds food as I bet she doesnt make enough at her age.....and doesnt eat oranges peppers or kiwi!! Watch Dr Suzanne Humphries (nephrologist) on U tube shes got amazing skin....hair and is a living example of its benefits. bioperene is pepper extract that activates Q10 and also tumeric circumin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Piping Rock in New York I cant beat their prices anywhere but shipping is a little slow.
Amazing how many human supplements also work for cats! I was on 200 a day (the cheap form) CoE Q 10 and quit a couple months ago with less energy now so I'm about to buy more. Its good for our gums. heart, on and on.\ Piping Rock is having a 50% off sale ends Oct 23rd anyone on statins needs co E Q 10 but how many doctors have them on it?
Heres a kewl fact...
cats make 180 mg ascorbic acid in their livers daily...and humans are supposed to be ok on 75mg women and 90mg for men?
I'm on five to six thousand a day divided doses in every meal with amazing benefits in past year. Was on 1000 mg a day with no help for allergies post nasal drip and it went away completely when I bumped it up. Linus Pauling was right and won a nobel prize on C research. he took 9000-12,000 mg a day but still died of cancer. I;m giving a pinch in my 19 yr olds food as I bet she doesnt make enough at her age.....and doesnt eat oranges peppers or kiwi!! Watch Dr Suzanne Humphries (nephrologist) on U tube shes got amazing skin....hair and is a living example of its benefits. bioperene is pepper extract that activates Q10 and also tumeric circumin
Cool beans! Thanks. :)

I have to confess, one of the reasons we try to use human supplements for our kitties whenever possible is because they're usually less expensive. But it's a nice added bonus to be able to raid the cats' medicine cabinet whenever we need to. :wink: