Can Anyone Help Me Figure Out What Color/pattern These Babies Are?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look like Luna has stripes or spots, so I'm thinking she's a brown ticked tabby. Nox is a tortie. They are both very cute!

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The lighter one is a tiger Tabby seeing how she has the "M" marking clearly on her forehead. Not sure of the darker one though. I am going to say even though they are only 12 weeks old they are very beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It doesn't look like Luna has stripes or spots, so I'm thinking she's a brown ticked tabby. Nox is a tortie. They are both very cute!
Can Nox be a tortie even though she has no red/orange?

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The lighter one is a tiger Tabby seeing how she has the "M" marking clearly on her forehead. Not sure of the darker one though. I am going to say even though they are only 12 weeks old they are very beautiful.
Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I looked at the pic too quickly. I thought I saw some red around her face, but upon enlarging the picture, I realize that she is a smoke. Sorry about that!

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's where I'm stuck at and hoping that one of the staff advisors are able to assist you better than I am. I have to be honest with you I'm really not familiar with all the different cat breeds.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's another forum entitled, "What other animals do you have?" That's for all of us animal caretaker/lovers to post pics of the other creatures/animals in our lives.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take a closer look at Luna's front legs. It looks like she has stripes around them up towards her body. That's why I think she is a Tiger Tabby even though some of the features of a tiger Tabby aren't clearly defined.

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok. Now you're sounding aggravated with me that I'm trying to give suggestions so I'll just unwatch this thread. I apologise for any harm I've caused while attempting to help.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna has stripes on her legs, a little striping on her head, very faint striping on her tail, and spots on her belly (visible right now because she's shaved from her spay). No defined stripes on her back, though.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And Luna's got brown on her head, back, and tail, but her legs are grey and she's got a patch of cream on one paw.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And here's another couple pics of Nox, where you can see her body more. She has greys, blacks, whites, and creams.
catsite7.jpg
catsite8.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ok. Now you're sounding aggravated with me that I'm trying to give suggestions so I'll just unwatch this thread. I apologise for any harm I've caused while attempting to help.
Mystikal kitten, I was not in any way upset or aggravated with you. This is a discussion board where members can talk and agree or disagree in a respectful manner. I deeply apologize if it sounded in anyway like I was being irritable. You are a very lively poster, and I can tell that you are very committed to cat care and knowledge. I really hope to continue to see you around the forums. Please realize that just because we may have differing opinions, does NOT mean that I don't appreciate and respect you as a member of TCS. I am a scientific-minded individual, so my posts are usually more dry and factual, so please note that I am not attempting to convey any aggression or resentment towards you, or any other posters, through my lack of emotion. Again, I deeply apologize.
Kindest regards,
Abyeb
P.S. I'll PM you this message, as I'm not sure you'll see it if you unsubscribe from this thread.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
And here's another couple pics of Nox, where you can see her body more. She has greys, blacks, whites, and creams.View attachment 177569View attachment 177570
Back to my original idea, Nox is a tortie. The cream is simply the dilute of the red. Torties are technically just two colors mottled together. I'll attach a link for you to see the wide variety of colors in torties: 10 Colors, note that this website shows pics of EBurms, but the colors apply to all cats.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back to my original idea, Nox is a tortie. The cream is simply the dilute of the red. Torties are technically just two colors mottled together. I'll attach a link for you to see the wide variety of colors in torties: 10 Colors, note that this website shows pics of EBurms, but the colors apply to all cats.
I was thinking maybe a smoke tortie (since she has the grey/white undercoat), but I was reading that a tortie can't be both dilute and non-dilute at the same time. Cream is dilute but black isn't. So then I was just left confused again.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking maybe a smoke tortie (since she has the grey/white undercoat), but I was reading that a tortie can't be both dilute and non-dilute at the same time. Cream is dilute but black isn't. So then I was just left confused again.
Her coloring is certainly very unique isn't it? I agree that smoke tortie is a good evaluation.