Can anyone guess how old this kitten is and his breed?

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Greetings

I was given a kitten last night. I think by the markings he is a Bengal. My eyesight is not so good so it would be appreciated that someone can confirm his breed. What a happy day this is, Just about three months ago I lost my 6 year old Ragdoll who was also a rescue cat, now another one comes to my door. Thank you prime creator.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello puddykat, so sorry to hear about your Ragdoll. This new kitty must be heaven sent.

Your new kitty is not a Bengal. She's a DSH Lilac/Lavender (diluted black) Mackerel Tabby. Very nice color and a very sweet kitty. She looks like she's around 3 or 4 months old? Remember to have her vaccinations up to date and post more of her photos please ;)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the above.  Just to add, the color isnt just lovely, its also not so very common among the broad domestic cat population.  So its not impossible this nice kitten has some Ancestry somewhere, a granddad perhaps.  As liliac is more common among some purebred cats.

Which, we cant know, unless the person whom gave you this kitten knows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the quick replies. I will love this cat the same no matter what breed he is. Like I said he was found on the street and was given to me. Now I am going to have to do some research on the mackeral tabby. He follows me like a puppy dog so I think he has been on the street for awhile. I thouhgt he was a bengal because of the M on the head and the stripes but as aways cats are teaching us more about them.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thanks for the quick replies. I will love this cat the same no matter what breed he is. Like I said he was found on the street and was given to me. Now I am going to have to do some research on the mackeral tabby. He follows me like a puppy dog so I think he has been on the street for awhile. I thouhgt he was a bengal because of the M on the head and the stripes but as aways cats are teaching us more about them.
This M is typical for tabbies, so its has no connection with any especial breed.  Unlike some myths going around.

If he follows you alike a puppy, he is apparently no semi-feral, he probably got dumped, or quite possibly, simply got astray.   Its easy happen with kittens whom are allowed to go outside - they dont have any feeling of  their home revire, so they easily come astray.  Run after a butterfly, and it has happened...  Or get scared by a dog or other, territorial cat...

Nay, no bengal.  His granddad ancestor could perhaps be a siamese instead...  With this triangularish head its fully possible.  and there ARE liliac siameses. The tabby he could get anywhere, both from grandpa and from ma or da...

Im happy you did found each other.  A win win situation in this lottery  of life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are a few more pictures of Symba, he seems to like this name and meows back at me when I call him. In the second picture he went crazy rubbing it, turning upside down etc,. This was where my ragdoll slept most of the time. When he sleeps I think he is dreaming as he is talking lots and moves around lots then falls asleep. I have some sounds of him but no idea how to post .wav files so you can hear him.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy!! I like his name too!  Congrats, and enjoy each other!!