Can a kitten have down syndrome??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he's going to turn out to be the most beautiful blue cat! I'm glad he's got his mom with him, she will teach him well by example.

I'm sure you know, but please get Navi spayed soon. Thor is probably too young now, but soon he will mature and they wouldn't be the first mother/son parents. Having them both fixed means they can live the life of luxury without the chance of more kittens.
we are working on fixing both very soon. Im trying to make my birthday present having them fixed instead of anything else... The gift that keeps on giving right.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thor is about 5 months old i think and about 3/4 mamas size. Still crazy as can be. Eyes are turning a subtle amber color. Hes not crosseyed anymore. Eats hard food from a actual bowl, drinks water from a bowl, and absolutely no issues with the litter box anymore. His fur is also really fine like rabbit fur.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thor is about 5 months old i think and about 3/4 mamas size. Still crazy as can be. Eyes are turning a subtle amber color. Hes not crosseyed anymore. Eats hard food from a actual bowl, drinks water from a bowl, and absolutely no issues with the litter box anymore. His fur is also really fine like rabbit fur.
That's about where Mouse was size wise with his mom at that age.  He sounds like he is doing absolutely great now and really caught up with where he should be.  His fur sounds gorgeous, the 'little bunny rabbit'.   (Mouse sometimes gets called that because rabbit fur is so soft).

I bet Thor has plenty more growing to do.  I thought Mouse was nearly fully grown when I looked at him at that age but I think he was more like about half to a third of his fully grown, mature size.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's about where Mouse was size wise with his mom at that age.  He sounds like he is doing absolutely great now and really caught up with where he should be.  His fur sounds gorgeous, the 'little bunny rabbit'.   (Mouse sometimes gets called that because rabbit fur is so soft).
I bet Thor has plenty more growing to do.  I thought Mouse was nearly fully grown when I looked at him at that age but I think he was more like about half to a third of his fully grown, mature size.
I am over at kandys today and snapped some shots of daddy and two of his brothers. Gonna upload them later. Sizewise i think thor is a tad larger than Link way bigger than felix but ending up with the same color amber eyes and both brothers which is what daddy has.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Gorgeous!

How is he now, does he still have his lazy eye? Is Navi still living with you? He was so lucky that you took him in, just look what a handsome fellow he's turned in to.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a good update! He is a big boy. Good news on him and his mother getting fixed as well. I think you have a cute idea with his collar. Does he have anymore trouble with his balance or anything?

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No more lazy eye, balance doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Navi is a permanent member to our family we made that choice when bringing her home with us. They are so bonded its awesome. I know shes long since dried up but he still hits the milk bar every so often. Like a livi binky. We have our routines. Quietest cat in the world unless I am in the kitchen or he needs something. Then hes an alarm.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hehe, Thor sounds as adorable as he looks.  
   How cute he is laying out on the floor with his little belly all round.  He looks like he still has quite a bit of growing to do too, with those big ears of his and his big paws.  It's great to hear he's caught up with everything, and he is looking great.  I bet there are plenty people now regretting the things they said about him when he was a little kit' and can't believe what a stunning cat they refused to offer a home to.   It must have been destiny that you guys were to be together.

Hope all goes well for their surgery next weekend, then loads of pampering afterward.  

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah hes my big fuzz bucket. He's recently started purring. AND ITS LOUD! Like chainsaw loud.. Josh and Kandy the original ppl that had him and didn't want him still think hes weird. Thor gives josh a "you will die look" and hisses. Never heard him hiss till the day josh came over.. And growled at kandy. Doesnt mind me picking him up and messing with him. But my husband or anyone else he isnt tolerant of. Thor turns into devil cat around them. And will hide behind me once he gets a chance.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah hes my big fuzz bucket. He's recently started purring. AND ITS LOUD! Like chainsaw loud.. Josh and Kandy the original ppl that had him and didn't want him still think hes weird. Thor gives josh a "you will die look" and hisses. Never heard him hiss till the day josh came over.. And growled at kandy. Doesnt mind me picking him up and messing with him. But my husband or anyone else he isnt tolerant of. Thor turns into devil cat around them. And will hide behind me once he gets a chance.
Unbelievable how they don't see how gporgeous he is.

Cats are incredible, they seem to sense things with some people and take a dislike for what ever reason - I reckon Thor remembers these people were not loving to him and he doesn't trust them still - who can blame him.  I hope he isn't 'devil cat' with your husband and simply a little less trusting and cuddly with him than he is with you.  It could be he has bad memories of handling from males from when he was with this other family.  

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes getting more trusting with him as time goes on. I have moe give him treats and tid bits and try to explain to moe that he doesnt like anything being in his face. But moe tries to snuggle thor like he does navi whom you could squeeze into any shape and she will purr. Thor is a i will come to you when I am ready kitty. I never search him out he comes to me. Navi doesnt care if you fold her in half she will purr no matter what

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Thor is about 15 weeks now give or take. And I was over at Kandys earlier and saw Felix & Link his brothers that are same age. They seem more cautious and timid... Very easily spooked by everything even movements and are very unsure of jumping even off their couch. Thor never hesitates... Leaps to and fro, tearing across the house full force... Maintenance was here yesterday and Thor if course was right up in his business "helping" him fix my AC.... I think also letting him choose his nutritional requirements like wet food and not letting him go hungry to the point that he was forced to eat something that is IN NATURE not even close to what he eats. Yes it inconveniences me and it costs more... But he seems to be doing very well. I mean would you want to eat cereal every day just because it says nutritionally complete?
I free feed my cats dry food so they don't go hungry. They have wet food at bedtime.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I free feed my cats dry food so they don't go hungry. They have wet food at bedtime.
Well if u see his new pictures hes a fat boy now. Eats dry food only now and is very very full bodied. He free feeds as much as he wants. But hes a turtle if you get him on his back lol!