Can a kitten have down syndrome??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i'm glad it doesn't seem to bother thor. he sure is a little cutie!
I keep a close eye on everyone... I'm home 24/7 so I'd feel pretty terrible if someone got sick and I didn't notice right off the bat that they weren't acting right. My fiance tries to tell me that Navi or Thor isn't acting right or is sick [emoji]128567[/emoji] and i look down and shrug stand up walk over put my foot on top of them and roll them around with my foot a little. If Thor bites me or reacts like he usually does he's good. I look at Navi and ask her hey mama how ya doing and she will yap back at me. Then I know she's fine and wont shut up. I look at him and say "they're fine" and he looks at me like I'm insane for shrugging off what he thinks could be life threatening. Yet I spend 24/7 with these critters

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so freaking precious
Nothing like seeing a mother a son snuggle and sleep together... Until they suddenly awake and start tearing one end of the apartment to the other faster than you could blink your eyes... That's a usual occurrence here lol....

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he's hitting a growth spurt right now. He is always hungry [emoji]128523[/emoji]
I go in the kitchen and he will meow and I'll tease him cuz it sounds like he's saying YEAH?? and I'll go "yeah?" And he goes YEAH (meowing of course) and he will stand there looking at me and get this pathetic look like "I'm seriously about to starve to death you haven't fed me in three hours" and give this even more pathetic exasperated "myeah..."

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, how good a mom is Navi!  I agree, she would stop him if she wasn't happy about it.   Mouse was still taking the occasional drink at his furmom's milk-bar at 15 weeks when I adopted him:  she as a very patient mom and was happy to let him nurse for a little while when he wanted some comfort.   He's a super confident cat and I suspect her nurturing him for so long helped with that.   I should add she was equally good at pasting him on to his back, pinning him down and biting his neck if he was being a pest.  
   Oh, and she wasn't a tiny cat and Mouse was amost as big as her at 15 weeks.   I thought he was pretty much fully grown when I got him but no, he was about 1/3 the size he was by the time he was 2 1/2.  I swear he stretches out to about 1 meter long too.   Looks like Thor is going to be like Mouse. 

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, how good a mom is Navi!  I agree, she would stop him if she wasn't happy about it.   Mouse was still taking the occasional drink at his furmom's milk-bar at 15 weeks when I adopted him:  she as a very patient mom and was happy to let him nurse for a little while when he wanted some comfort.   He's a super confident cat and I suspect her nurturing him for so long helped with that.   I should add she was equally good at pasting him on to his back, pinning him down and biting his neck if he was being a pest.  :lol3:    Oh, and she wasn't a tiny cat and Mouse was amost as big as her at 15 weeks.   I thought he was pretty much fully grown when I got him but no, he was about 1/3 the size he was by the time he was 2 1/2.  I swear he stretches out to about 1 meter long too.   Looks like Thor is going to be like Mouse. :clap:
I think Thor is about 15 weeks now give or take. And I was over at Kandys earlier and saw Felix & Link his brothers that are same age. They seem more cautious and timid... Very easily spooked by everything even movements and are very unsure of jumping even off their couch. Thor never hesitates... Leaps to and fro, tearing across the house full force... Maintenance was here yesterday and Thor if course was right up in his business "helping" him fix my AC.... I think also letting him choose his nutritional requirements like wet food and not letting him go hungry to the point that he was forced to eat something that is IN NATURE not even close to what he eats. Yes it inconveniences me and it costs more... But he seems to be doing very well. I mean would you want to eat cereal every day just because it says nutritionally complete?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
"I mean would you want to eat cereal every day just because it says nutritionally complete?"

I love cereal actually but it doesn't really agree with me,  and Mouse has a dry diet because of the oral health problems he had in his first year and which still show if he eats other stuff and doesn't get his tooth paste regularly.   He's a cereal hound too it would seem.  
    I struggle to get him to eat even tiny bits of wet food.    Other than that, Thor sounds like he has a very similar (confident and mischievous) nature.  I have that same issue when workmen are here:  gas boiler repairs, plumbers fixing the shower, you name it and Mouse has been their apprentice, climbing in and out of their tool boxes and ferreting about where they are working so he can see everything going on.  I love that there's another blue kitty out in the world who is equally curious. 
     I think it is safe to say I am a 'Thor fan'. 

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"I mean would you want to eat cereal every day just because it says nutritionally complete?"

:lol:   :anon:  :yeah:       I love cereal actually but it doesn't really agree with me,  and Mouse has a dry diet because of the oral health problems he had in his first year and which still show if he eats other stuff and doesn't get his tooth paste regularly.   He's a cereal hound too it would seem.  :rolleyes:     I struggle to get him to eat even tiny bits of wet food.    Other than that, Thor sounds like he has a very similar (confident and mischievous) nature.  I have that same issue when workmen are here:  gas boiler repairs, plumbers fixing the shower, you name it and Mouse has been their apprentice, climbing in and out of their tool boxes and ferreting about where they are working so he can see everything going on.  I love that there's another blue kitty out in the world who is equally curious. :high5:      I think it is safe to say I am a 'Thor fan'. :heart4:
It wasn't a shot against dry food. It was saying "hey you CAN'T eat what you enjoy and must eat this because I say so and its nutritionally complete". Kandy did that to Felix and Link... If Thor doesn't want to eat it and has never eaten it then forcing him to would be like someone taking away my ribs and steaks and saying YOU MUST EAT TOFU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE... But I wouldn't be able to understand their language or their reasoning for giving it to me. Navi will nibble on dry food every so often if we get low on the wet so then we back her off and let him have the wet and she is fine because that's not all she knows

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ah!   I get you.  
   Sorry, my brain is on go slow today.   Unfortunately what I choose is bad for me and disagrees with me but I still persist....  I do like tofu as well as cereal though, and that's quite healthy.  
     Mouse isn't too bad as will eat food that is supposed to be good for him and I try to keep him away from treats which won't do his teeth and gums much good. Thankfully he loves his crunchy, tooth scraping food and chases it down like it's a treat.   I think Mouse would starve himself rather than eat wet cat food, and the only thing worse than cat food is human food.  LoL.  He hates the smell of human food and won't let anyone leave their plates lying about.   Actually, if there's garlic involved he won't even let you eat in peace, he's pawing and scraping at you telling you to put it away before you can get anything in your mouth.   He SHOULD be fit and slim he's so fussy about his food but no, he likes chasing those biscuits a bit too much. 

Are Thor's brothers a similar size to him or are they much smaller?

Last edited:

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah!   I get you.  :D    Sorry, my brain is on go slow today.   Unfortunately what I choose is bad for me and disagrees with me but I still persist....  I do like tofu as well as cereal though, and that's quite healthy.  :D      Mouse isn't too bad as will eat food that is supposed to be good for him and I try to keep him away from treats which won't do his teeth and gums much good. Thankfully he loves his crunchy, tooth scraping food and chases it down like it's a treat.   I think Mouse would starve himself rather than eat wet cat food, and the only thing worse than cat food is human food.  LoL.  He hates the smell of human food and won't let anyone leave their plates lying about.   Actually, if there's garlic involved he won't even let you eat in peace, he's pawing and scraping at you telling you to put it away before you can get anything in your mouth.   He SHOULD be fit and slim he's so fussy about his food but no, he likes chasing those biscuits a bit too much. 
Are Thor's brothers a similar size to him or are they much smaller?
Thor is the opposite when it comes to dry food its nasty I guess to him.. His siblings are about 3/4 his size. And since he was comparably smaller than those two brothers and Felix was the giant when he was born and Link was larger when I picked up Thor... I was surprised that Thor was a bit bigger than them. And his entire demeanor was different than theirs. Thor was also much more scared there when I got him. Afraid to be picked up or even held. Now he's the bravest kitten ever.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds to me like Thor is very happy  and thriving in his new home.  
  Your taking in Navi as well was a stroke of genius and I'm sure that has helped him too.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like Thor is very happy  and thriving in his new home.  :clap:   Your taking in Navi as well was a stroke of genius and I'm sure that has helped him too.
well not only for his feeding but looking at it psychologically I wanted him to be ok especially since I was concerned with his appearance and behavior. Setting aside animal from human, growth and behavior all thrive when you're nurtured properly from a very young age. In other words they needed each other, I always adored Navi, and wanted what was best for my kitten. Love is love.

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

thorsmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NEWS!!! Just poured a fresh bowl of DRY FOOD!!! I ALWAYS USE KITTEN NOW for some reason idk... AMD THOR STARTED EATING IT!!!! He's at the community food dish with mommy eating dry food!!! Idk if he's been eating it or just said what the heck lets give in to peer pressure and do it! I'm so proud of him!!! And it looks like his eyes are turning an amber color. Not quite brown not quite yellow. But the color of amber.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like the Thor kit' is growing up (hopefully not TOO weed-like). 

Can't wait to see how his eye colour develops.  

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think he's going to turn out to be the most beautiful blue cat! I'm glad he's got his mom with him, she will teach him well by example.

I'm sure you know, but please get Navi spayed soon. Thor is probably too young now, but soon he will mature and they wouldn't be the first mother/son parents. Having them both fixed means they can live the life of luxury without the chance of more kittens.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And most kittens knead... He does this. There's NOTHING coming out of her... He just does it.. And she likes it... Its their "bonding time". I refuse to stop it. If she wanted him to stop she'd make him stop...
http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/s...WP_20150521_12_33_15_Pro_zpspojhjg94.jpg.html
I have two males. An abandoned siamese and a black and white street cat. For some reason the baby thought the siamese was his mum and began to suckle and Whisky allowed it quite a few months until he felt he was too old. Cats are weird but lovable.

Last edited by a moderator: