Can a 3 month old cat be pregnant???

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two cats, we were told they were around the same age, 3 months - we can't know the exact age as they were rescued from the street. One of my cats shows signs of being pregnant but shes 3 months old??!?! Is physically impossible for her!! Her belly is getting light pink and her nipples are more visible everyweek, they're not red tho and her tummy has the burrito shape 😖 she sometimes put her belly up but will not let you pet it, only very very veey soft touches, she's also very careful with it and sometimes she cries or meows weirdly?? When we adopted her she didn't make any vocals??? It cannot we worms as she has been deparasited 3 times .... She also eats triple her sister!! And she even begs for food after that.... She came as a skinny cat and she's gaining weight like crazy.... But mainly in her belly, its huge. Her paws are fine, just like her sisters - id say even smaller... Any clue what it could be?? I really doubt shes pregnant for her own good😖😖 shes too young

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not likely to have an advanced pregnancy in a three month old but it is entirely possible that she was actually older than she looks. The best thing to do is to get her into the vet and find out what is going on with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not likely to have an advanced pregnancy in a three month old but it is entirely possible that she was actually older than she looks. The best thing to do is to get her into the vet and find out what is going on with her.
My mom thinks im overreacting over it so i don't think its a possibility for now :')

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ugh. Kittens can conceive as early as 4 months old, so your kitten is likely expecting kittens. Especially since the kittens were rescued from the streets and you are not sure of their ages, it is likely that this kitten is closer to 6 months old or possibly older considering she is showing pregnancy signs, even though she is small.

It is NOT ideal for a growing kitten to have kittens. Are you able to get these 2 kittens spayed? A spay would terminate a pregnancy early on, so that this kitten does not have to suffer through pregnancy and childbirth when so young. It’s not healthy for a growing kitten. Your other kitten needs to be spayed now too.

Please let your mom read this, as ignoring what appears to be a pregnancy is not going to solve the problem.

Where are you located? City and state? I’ll look for a low-cost spay clinic for you.

Saving street kittens is awesome; but letting a pregnancy continue in a half-grown kitten is not awesome. You’ll have more problems on your hands. Raising kittens - if a kitten can successfully deliver and care for a litter - is way more expensive and time-consuming than spaying.

Thanks for rescuing them though. Now do what is right!

C Clro

Last edited:

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ugh. Kittens can conceive as early as 4 months old, so your kitten is likely expecting kittens. Especially since the kittens were rescued from the streets and you are not sure of their ages, it is likely that this kitten is closer to 6 months old or possibly older considering she is showing pregnancy signs, even though she is small.

It is NOT ideal for a growing kitten to have kittens. Are you able to get these 2 kittens spayed? A spay would terminate a pregnancy early on, so that this kitten does not have to suffer through pregnancy and childbirth when so young. It’s not healthy for a growing kitten. Your other kitten needs to be spayed now too.

Please let your mom read this, as ignoring what appears to be a pregnancy is not going to solve the problem.

Where are you located? City and state? I’ll look for a low-cost spay clinic for you.

Saving street kittens is awesome; but letting a pregnancy continue in a half-grown kitten is not awesome. You’ll have more problems on your hands. Raising kittens - if a kitten can successfully deliver and care for a litter - is way more expensive and time-consuming than spaying.

Thanks for rescuing them though. Now do what is right!

C Clro
If she is really pregnant, she'd be on her 3-4th week.. nearly halfway to the labor date i guess - Ive talked to my mom but she says im joking because theres no way - shes too young and all. We adopted them from a girl who rescues cats and they were all living in the same room, males and females. My mom has jokily talked to the vet about it and all he did was laugh (he's actually a great vet, he has cured them 3 times as they get sick often), after all he was the one to gives us an age for the kittens, ill try my best to convince my mom.

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mentioned all her symptoms on my previous post but i want to make sure.
She has a the burro shape (worms are not an option as she has been deparasited 3 times)
Eats 3x her sister (her sister is very strong, active and healthy)
I can clearly see her nipples
Her belly is getting light pink
Less fur on the belly
But NO morning sickness - she has hiccup very often tho
Shes getting more friendlier and affectionate everyday

I have some pictures of her belly (those are pictures from a week or less ago) We were told she was 3 months old but since its a rescued cat its impossible to know... I want to make sure If shes really pregnant before saying anything to my parents - ive already tried that and they think im a dummy and take it as an annoying joke

Attachments

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can get pregnant as early as 3 months. It depends on when they first go into heat. Having said that, I would get her checked because she looks pregnant to me.

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats can get pregnant as early as 3 months. It depends on when they first go into heat. Having said that, I would get her checked because she looks pregnant to me.
Sadly I've told my parents what i thought and they made fun of it anddddd actually told the vet? Somehow he just laughed at that

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
However, im still trying to tell them it and they believe it because eh they think im just overreacting but they don't know and won't listen to the signs

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten does look pregnant. Perhaps your parents will not think it so funny when she delivers kittens. I hope it all goes well. As I said before, she is too young to have kittens.

The vet sounds unprofessional.

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten does look pregnant. Perhaps your parents will not think it so funny when she delivers kittens. I hope it all goes well. As I said before, she is too young to have kittens.

The vet sounds unprofessional.
Yeah, today ive talked again to my mom about it and she said again that shes too young and that im obsessed - if she was in pain or pregnant she'd complain, however I remember i read that cats aren't really the kind animal to complain lots... The vet isn't really a bad vet, he almost managed to save my first kitten from panleukopenia. I wasn't in front of them when my mom told the vet (I wasnt at the vet actually) im pretty sure she didn't give any information or wasn't even serious about it 😓.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like there is nothing more you can do now but wait it out.

What is the plan for spaying the other kitten?

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like there is nothing more you can do now but wait it out.

What is the plan for spaying the other kitten?
I'll probably have to wait for her nipples to turn red so they can believe me, sigh. We have to wait a little bit, a few months (probably by october?)but they Don't go out, i always double check that all doors are closed... We are not sure about the spaying date as we have to talk about it with the vet but we'll do it before they turn 6 months old... If they aren't already 6 months old ofc😖

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat might be pregnant and I was checking her nipples but im unsure
- theres a comparison between my two cats.... Black/white fur is the one who may be pregnant
IMG_20220816_143647.jpg
IMG_20220816_143635.jpg
IMG_20220816_143645.jpg
, the tabby shows no signs
IMG_20220816_141230.jpg

Please let me know if anyone knows something

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think your questions have been answered already, and now you just need to be patient and wait this out.

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think your questions have been answered already, and now you just need to be patient and wait this out.
I was posting this as another thread because i forgot that it had to be merged, thats why its repetitive, im sorry. Im just nervous and worried about her and theres pretty much nothing i can do about her

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry 😞. Hang in there. If you need to talk more, we're here.

By the way, what if you found a research type paper, or a valid feline medical website, that confirms the earliest age at which cats can get pregnant and show that to your mom.

For an example, something like this( it was the first one I found but I'm sure there are others);
Cat reproduction - 7 facts you probably don't know - RSPCA.