Camper van cat travels

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We haven't tried the camping since we lost Paxi. He was so easy going and relaxed that even the ones who started by freaking took their cue from him and were totally relaxed by the second day. IF I can ever get my photos posted you can see it for yourself. I miss him so much!

They drape themselves across the ( large) front dash so they can see and be seen. It's sometimes pretty funny when going through entry gates to various parks and they always get lots of attention. Love having them with us!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I miss my Paxi's constant chatter. The house seems so empty these days. He was so very special, and still is deep in my heart. There will never be another like him.
I think the only reason the camping part worked so well was because of Paxi. He was always very calm, and then playful with our " newbie's" that they thought the entire thing was a big game. Maser ant has sent me a great deal of info on getting everything to work properly on the Site....so I hope to be able to add some of the " Camping" photos very soon. And yes, I truly believe that they all enjoyed it, especially Pax!!! He was always first in, last out on our trips. Hopefully I can share some of that very soon.

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I miss my Paxi's constant chatter. The house seems so empty these days. He was so very special, and still is deep in my heart. There will never be another like him.
I think the only reason the camping part worked so well was because of Paxi. He was always very calm, and then playful with our " newbie's" that they thought the entire thing was a big game. Maser ant has sent me a great deal of info on getting everything to work properly on the Site....so I hope to be able to add some of the " Camping" photos very soon. And yes, I truly believe that they all enjoyed it, especially Pax!!! He was always first in, last out on our trips. Hopefully I can share some of that very soon.
It's funny because my Monty who passed last year was so chilled and relaxed like your Paxi. Don't think there will ever be anothe like him.
Sorry for your loss. It's tough I know.
I hope you will be able to upload some of your camping photos, I'm sure everyone would love to see them, I definitely would. A cat that goes camping is special. You were very lucky.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Boy! This is crazy....not five minutes after talking about my Paxi-Love, my oldest ( and usually silent girl, Autumn) commenced yowling and staring out the window! I absolutely can't tell you how much that freaked me out. She sounded exactly like Paxi too. Nor did she stop until I picked her up, held her and ( yes!) talked to her. She wasn't just yowling and howling either; she was talking just like Paxi and I swear it was his voice coming out of her....very loud and very insistent! I am still quivering and shaking over this one. That sound usually meant that something is wrong!!!!
I just counted heads, and everyone is safe. All I can figure is my husband's heart? I'll be watching him closely, believe me.
Trying this just in case it might work..... I'm doubtful though!

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I can get this to work too...it will show pictures of where I live. I'm trying to load photos every chance I get.
Connie

Very odd.....the last one worked!

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Camping photos inside the RV. Maybe I can find one more obvious than sitting on the dining area chair.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
ConiKat, I know what you mean about posting pictures. I have been wanting to post some of my Mickey and also Shadow. Still trying to figure out how to do it. I know we would all love to see your pictures of your cats on the camping trips. Cats camping is something special!
KittyWhiskers, Thank You for your kind words about my Mickey. I am also sorry for your loss of Monty. Yes we love all our cats but one may always stand out. Mickey was that cat for me. There will never be another Mickey.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
ConiKat, So sorry for your loss of Paxi.He sounds truly special. There will always be one cat that is truly special to us. We will love all our cats of course but one is usually a little more special and will always be missed.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, now I'm using the tiny symbol of a picture to load these. So far it's working! Last photo was Paxi on the headrest behind hubby, who was driving at the time. Does he look worried at all?

Last one here is Paxi and my Sophie in the bed area above the front seats. Pretty easy living for them.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what adorable pictures!! Your kitties are truly beautiful. Yes, Paxi looks very contented just lounging about on the headrest. Both Sophie and Paxie look very contented indeed. They must have really enjoyed those camping trips!

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For Loving Mickey,
I think you are right about at least one being extra special. And today's weird behavior from Autumn reminds me of that loss pretty intently. If you see what I posted in ( talk to your cats) you'll see what I mean about being very strange. I'm still waiting for something to happen...but praying it doesn't!
Meanwhile, try adding a photo or two to your messages. If you click on the icon that looks like a landscape, it seems to work ( at least one at a time work) and don't panic as I did when you get a bunch of numbers rather than pictures. Once you hit the upload and then submit buttons they will pop up and look as they should ( though they do ask us to choose the " small" entry. They still come out pretty big. You should give it a try by PM ing me. Let's see if we can get it to work?

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I can get this to work too...it will show pictures of where I live. I'm trying to load photos every chance I get.
Connie

Very odd.....the last one worked!
What breathtaking scenery, so beautiful!
Your Paxi does look really at ease in the RV. Did you start taking him camping when he was a kitten?

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes we did. He was actually one of the first, though we had another who was so excited about it that he would jump into any vehicle if we left the door open! He always made me think more of Dog behavior than what you expect of a typical kitty.
He was very unusual in other ways too. I've never had a kitty that would climb up on me at bedtime and put his arms around my neck for a big hug. No clue where he got that from, but it was the sweetest thing, and he'd also sit up on his hind legs with arms and paws outstretched whenever he wanted a hug.
Such a sweet boy, and I still miss him terribly though it's been 9 years! Some things you just never get over.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loving Mickey,
Can you see the icon above here that looks like a landscape? I've been using that one to post my photos lately. It seems to work better ( at least for me) give it a try and write back if you have problems.
Connie

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Connie
I tried to follow your advice and also my son helped to try and post some pictures of my babies.I posted a few in my missing mickey thread I crossing the bridge forum. I also posted a few of Shadow in a new thread titled meet shadow in new cats on the block forum. I tried my best.They may not be perfect, but they look nice.I will try posting, some more later.Please take a look and write back what you think.
Thanks