Calling on anyone with acid reflux experience

Tigmimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

I think my cat has acid reflux. I am wondering if there is anyone who can...

1) Tell me the symptoms of their cat
2) How they treated it - specifically if it was treated with diet and if so what diet

Thanks in advance

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi T Tigmimi ,

Can you tell us how did yo uend up thinking of acid reflux? What symproms or signals did you see?
Genuine question, because I would like to learn more, thanks!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check this out:

Acid Reflux in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

Acid reflux is rarely officially diagnosed in cats but as the article says too its symptoms are much alike the human acid reflux so when they exist it’s presumed they may have acid reflux. Unless something else is going on. Which is also difficult to diagnose. Like hard to tell what is about food intolerance and what is acid reflux. BOTH can happen at the same time too.

To answer your question my own cat is not officially diagnosed with acid reflux either. However, she does get wet burps just like it happens to humans with acid reflux with heartburn. And she can’t tolerate fatty meals nor long hours without food.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

I think my cat has acid reflux. I am wondering if there is anyone who can...

1) Tell me the symptoms of their cat
2) How they treated it - specifically if it was treated with diet and if so what diet

Thanks in advance
My cat Maggie has it. The vet gave her a liquid medacine that stopped it. But since I started using a timer for wet food late at night it stopped. So far don't need the medacine. Her symptoms was throwing up every morning before eating. Just spit and fur, no food. Being without food for so long is probably why. Also, if it's dry food or canned with pieces of meat, have the vet check her teeth