Calling all 'Puker' Moms

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my Louise eats too fast then drinks water and...gives me a present to clean up. I hate the feeling of warm puke in the paper towel and the slime which always manages to escape the paper towel onto my hands.
Remember elementary school when the announcement "Custodian to room 10 with the sawdust" came across? Well I thought..why not for my cat?!
So I found something that is ideal for me and my kitty.. Sprinkle and Sweep for pet accidents...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXEC5GO/?tag=thecatsite
A lifesaver for me during the wee hours after hearing that horrible sound of a present being left for me..:nurse:
Just thought I'd share...... if inappropriate, Admin please delete.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my Louise eats too fast then drinks water and...gives me a present to clean up. I hate the feeling of warm puke in the paper towel and the slime which always manages to escape the paper towel onto my hands.
Remember elementary school when the announcement "Custodian to room 10 with the sawdust" came across? Well I thought..why not for my cat?!
So I found something that is ideal for me and my kitty.. Sprinkle and Sweep for pet accidents...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXEC5GO/?tag=thecatsite
A lifesaver for me during the wee hours after hearing that horrible sound of a present being left for me..:nurse:
We have sometimes liquid vomits fur balls. I use gloves and paper towels. And scoe. That looks good but it costs too much for me.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looks very cool! Did you order some?
That would have been great this morning when Sarah decided to eject her breakfast after eating it in two bites. :sigh:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
We have sometimes liquid vomits fur balls. I use gloves and paper towels. And scoe. That looks good but it costs too much for me.
BTW.... love the title. My cat peaches is a puker pro. I get up early before work incase she vomits

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks very cool! Did you order some?
That would have been great this morning when Sarah decided to eject her breakfast after eating it in two bites. :sigh:
Yes I have had to use it a few times..big help! I wish I had it when she used to have hair balls though.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Puker" dad here. And none of you have anything on me and my cat.

Willy somehow always manages to go out of his way to move into the worst spots just before he pukes. And I can't get to him fast enough.

Multiple times on the couch.

Multiple times between the radiator and the wall (there's a windowsill just above it that he frequents).

Multiple times on the cushions of my dining room chairs.

I could go on...

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Koshka can go weeks without throwing up, then it’s a puke fest for several days. I believe she has trouble clearing hairballs. She worked out this little routine for it now though. After she has eaten her meal, if it’s during tummy trouble time, she heads right for the bathroom. She likes to be elevated and let gravity help her. She started using this step stool years ago, so I moved it to my bathroom and have it sitting on a bathroom rug. She goes right up on it and waits to see if her food is coming up. Easy enough to wipe up the excess and throw the rug in the washing machine. I feel very blessed. Lol

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Koshka can go weeks without throwing up, then it’s a puke fest for several days. I believe she has trouble clearing hairballs. She worked out this little routine for it now though. After she has eaten her meal, if it’s during tummy trouble time, she heads right for the bathroom. She likes to be elevated and let gravity help her. She started using this step stool years ago, so I moved it to my bathroom and have it sitting on a bathroom rug. She goes right up on it and waits to see if her food is coming up. Easy enough to wipe up the excess and throw the rug in the washing machine. I feel very blessed. Lol
You've trained her well! My Louise used to upchuck hairballs..those things are gross! I seem to have something that worked for me..I wipe her down a few times a week with a warm slightly wet cloth after she gets bristle-brushed. She loves it. She's a short hair, but can just let those hairs fly. Last Friday she went to the Vet and she looked like Pig Pen on Charlie Brown ...Literally you could see a CLOUD of hair all around her in the air..what a mess she can make. I don;t know how she does that.. Anyway I hope the hairball remedy lasts with her.

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually, she trained herself, lol. I found that cats don’t like throwing up on smooth floors. I guess it’s the splatter they want to avoid getting on their feet. I’ve noticed she is very careful not to step in food when she has been messy eating.

Last Friday she went to the Vet and she looked like Pig Pen on Charlie Brown ...Literally you could see a CLOUD of hair all around her in the air..
😂 I can remember having her to the vet years ago, and masses of hair coming off her. I was completely humiliated, thinking they would believe I didn’t brush her. I told the tech she had looked so good at home. She said yes (as she was petting her), they lose hair when they are scared, always happens. From then on, I have carried a sticky roller with me to the vet. I’m sure they think I’m a nut. Lady vet commented on it, and said she hadn’t realized cats like sticky rollers. I told her being massaged with a sticky roller was basically my cat’s favorite thing in the universe, that as far as I was aware, all cats like them. She was shocked.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday she went to the Vet and she looked like Pig Pen on Charlie Brown ...Literally you could see a CLOUD of hair all around her in the air..what a mess she can make.
Willy does that too. But I get the feeling that happens to most cats.

When I go to my vet, she is always COVERED in cat hair. She once said to me that she calls it "cat glitter."

She is a cat-only vet. Her theory is that having no other animal smells/noises in the office reduces stress.

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel the same way about vomit but when it happens - and fortunately for my baby it's not nearly as often as it used to be - I just whip out my carpet shampooer.

This stuff looks interesting but pricey.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, she trained herself, lol. I found that cats don’t like throwing up on smooth floors. I guess it’s the splatter they want to avoid getting on their feet. I’ve noticed she is very careful not to step in food when she has been messy eating.

😂 I can remember having her to the vet years ago, and masses of hair coming off her. I was completely humiliated, thinking they would believe I didn’t brush her. I told the tech she had looked so good at home. She said Yyes (as she was petting her), they lose hair when they are scared, always happens. From then on, I have carried a sticky roller with me to the vet. I’m sure they think I’m a nut. Lady vet commented on it, and said she hadn’t realized cats like sticky rollers. I told her being massaged with a sticky roller was basically my cat’s favorite thing in the universe, that as far as I was aware, all cats like them. She was shocked.
I must try that roller trick!