Calling all knitters and other woolly things.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever had a section with tough cables get torn off the needles? Then you can't find your place? Horrors! That is one of my worst fears.
Last nighT my cat had an episode as well...she had the post pee zoomies. Walked away from a lengthy pee with tail high. Went right to her toy mice and commenced to toss them high in the air and tried to catch them mid air,tipped over a water bowl..water all over for me to clean up in a stupor at midnight.
Your kitty is such a cutie!;) we never mind when they are wild and mischievous cause they are so cute.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever had a section with tough cables get torn off the needles? Then you can't find your place? Horrors! That is one of my worst fears.
No, mercifully! Which reminds me, I must put a lifeline in this. It’s going to take months as it is, since it makes my hands ache and I can only do three or four rows a day. If it got torn off the needles I’d give upon it entirely!

I can just picture your kitty doing that last night! :lol: :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She is! Cleaning the wool before you knit it. What a clever girl.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I do love great little shops that sell yarn. There's a few in Tasmania, a great one in Toowoomba and one I found in the little town of Uralla, New South Wales. They've been able to stay in business since selling online is available, but there's nothing quite like going in and seeing/feeling the wool for yourself.
And meet other woolly people of course. :sheep:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love great little shops that sell yarn. There's a few in Tasmania, a great one in Toowoomba and one I found in the little town of Uralla, New South Wales. They've been able to stay in business since selling online is available, but there's nothing quite like going in and seeing/feeling the wool for yourself.
And meet other woolly people of course. :sheep:
That’s one of the things I like about being in Geelong, there are four yarn shops within half an hour’s drive plus a Lincraft and Spotlight, and even KMart and The Reject Shop have some knitting supplies. In Gympie there was one small Lincraft and nothing else.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I have to share this pattern.

DFF3C711-AE61-4A4F-BE2E-C81B15E10267.jpeg

I’m making it in Fiddlesticks Superb 8 (gorgeous stuff to work with - soft, smooth anti-pilling acrylic). I’m doing the jumper in dark charcoal, the leg in white and the toe pads in strawberry pink - Daisy’s colours, more or less! Since she does this to my screen door, it seems appropriate.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She'd better stick to designing accessories.Now we ALL know that xl being 40" is just nutty! She describes it as The shape provides a loose, modern fit with extra width ... HA ha ha! ..and $9:00. Obviously she is not a Joje Locatelli or an Andrea Moury or . That sweater reminds me of the vintage sweater sizing. I bet she just used one she bought on Etsy and added the motif and published it as her own design!
BUT...
the cat element looks easy enough to just ad onto a st st sweater of a larger size!
Also,are you familiar with something called Chart Minder that is free online and you can make your own charts for anything you want to put on a sweater in Intarsia.. If you hate chart reading like I do..I always get lost), you could take the chart and then write it out. It looks like the ideal thing if you want to ad your own cat motifs to any plain sweaters.
It looks like a fun pattern,though. I would have to upsize it BIG TIME for my girth though being a true 2xl .
Love it!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She'd better stick to designing accessories.Now we ALL know that xl being 40" is just nutty! She describes it as The shape provides a loose, modern fit with extra width ... HA ha ha! ..and $9:00. Obviously she is not a Joje Locatelli or an Andrea Moury or . That sweater reminds me of the vintage sweater sizing. I bet she just used one she bought on Etsy and added the motif and published it as her own design!
BUT...
the cat element looks easy enough to just ad onto a st st sweater of a larger size!
Also,are you familiar with something called Chart Minder that is free online and you can make your own charts for anything you want to put on a sweater in Intarsia.. If you hate chart reading like I do..I always get lost), you could take the chart and then write it out. It looks like the ideal thing if you want to ad your own cat motifs to any plain sweaters.
It looks like a fun pattern,though. I would have to upsize it BIG TIME for my girth though being a true 2xl .
Love it!
No, I haven’t heard of Chart Minder! Sounds really useful. I haven’t done intarsia before. I’ve done lots of cables and one Fair Isle. I like using charts. The cable jumper I’m taking a break from atm has five of them! With b&w I use highlighter colours on all the RS rows to distinguish them, and write the row numbers when done. Not sure how I’ll do it with colours - might be the time to try Chart Minder!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks
Just came across this thread.
I tried my hand at knitting and failed miserably. Crochet, however, suits me pretty well.
I’ve made a few things over the years, mostly simple stuff; blankets, shawls, baby booties, snowflakes.
I have a box of yarn that is organized by gradient; white, pink, purple, blue green… and have no idea what I had planned for it! lol
So I found a stash buster “Havanna” pattern on Ravelry… now just to get my butt started on it. 👀

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds excellent.. :) I used to make really exotic shawls using whatever wool I had. I'm not as creative these days. :(