!!!Calling All Australians!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew I could find some Australians on this site!

So next year is my wedding and honeymoon to Australia! There are only two things that I have to do, see the Great Barrier Reef and ride horses on a beach. I would also like to swim with dolphins
So anyhow, what is your advice, places to see, things to do, places to stay, etc.

We are going in June if that helps. I realize now, after talking to my aunt that June is winter in Australia, go me, sheltered Iowa girl, lol. My aunt is a flight attendant for an airline that goes from the US to Australia and she absolutely loves to stay in Australia every chance she gets. She is sending us a package full of things about Australia that I'm anxiously awaiting.

Any ideas, info, advice, experience, ANYTHING will be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and will we be able to rent a car? I know some countries don't have a good car rental system and different rules. I will be 25 and he will be 26.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not from Australia, and have never been. Just wanted to say you are lucky, and I hope you have a good time!

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm from Australia, Perth to be exact. Here in Western Australia, we have some great sites, if you're willing to drive a little from Perth. Not sure if you'll be coming around to WA though, I have no idea about rental cars and such, I've lived here all my life. Love to hear your experience!

A very happy Aussie

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

purplepei

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definately go to the Great Barrier Reef! I think it was the most amazing experience ever. We went to Hamilton Island in August and it was great and they have many different trips out to the reef as well as other types of things. Despite being winter it was still hot and the water was very warm.

Eta, I don't think you should have problems renting. When my parents came from the US 12 years ago they rented a van. As long as you have a license there i think it is ok. And you don't mind driving on the opposite side of the road.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

I'm not from Australia, and have never been. Just wanted to say you are lucky, and I hope you have a good time!
Thank you, I'm super excited!

Originally Posted by JazzyTheCat

I'm from Australia, Perth to be exact. Here in Western Australia, we have some great sites, if you're willing to drive a little from Perth. Not sure if you'll be coming around to WA though, I have no idea about rental cars and such, I've lived here all my life. Love to hear your experience!

A very happy Aussie

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by PurplePei

Definately go to the Great Barrier Reef! I think it was the most amazing experience ever. We went to Hamilton Island in August and it was great and they have many different trips out to the reef as well as other types of things. Despite being winter it was still hot and the water was very warm.

Eta, I don't think you should have problems renting. When my parents came from the US 12 years ago they rented a van. As long as you have a license there i think it is ok. And you don't mind driving on the opposite side of the road.
That's good to hear. The Great Barrier Reef would be absolutely amazing to see! I'm glad it won't be too cold! Thanks!