Call of the Wild (Wysong) changed ingredients

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and they haven't updated the website. Just a head's up for those using it full time or in rotation.

Label now:

Enzymatic digest of chicken and fish, lecithin, calcium carbonate, chicken, dried kelp, montmorillonite clay, taurine, chicory root, plums, organic barley grass, organic wheat grass, sesame seeds, calcium lactate, coral calcium, hydroxyapatite, seaweed derived calcium and magnesium, lactoferrin (milk derived) protein, dried aspergillus orzae fermentation product, DL-methionine, L-carnitine, carrots, rosemary extract, sage extract, garlic, organic blueberry powder, dried bacillus licheniformis fermentation product, dried aspergillus niger fermentation product, yeast extract, minerals (potassium chloride, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, sodium selenate, calcium iodate), vitamins (ascorbic acid, vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin D3, Biotin, vitamin B12, folic acid), dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus fermenation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried lactobacillus lactis fermentation product, yeast culture.

Note than "enzymatic digest f chicken and fish" would/could read "animal digest" if fish weren't in it. That's the main ingredient in FortiFlora. Cats tend to love it, but it is a rendered product for those who care about such things.

No chicken liver in it any longer.

Ingredient list on the website and as the bottles used to be labeled:

Chicken, Chicken Liver, Calcium Carbonate, Lecithin, Kelp, Plums, Dried Seaweed Meal, Ground Bone, Calcium Lactate Pentahydrate, Coral Calcium, Barley Grass Powder, Wheat Grass Powder, Taurine, Organic Blueberries, Carrots, Direct-Fed Microorganisms (Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus lactis, Aspergillus oryzae, Aspergillus niger, Yeast Culture), DL-Methionine, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, Phytase, Sage Extract, Rosemary Extract, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Niacin, Iron, Zinc, Thiamin, Manganese, Pyridoxine, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Copper, Folic Acid, Menadione, Iodine, Selenium, Biotin, Vitamin B12.

They made digest the first ingredient, chicken the fourth ingredient, and removed the liver. It does look like they removed the synthetic vitamin K (menadione).

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've actually been contemplating getting this product instead of using the EZ Complete. What do you think?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've actually been contemplating getting this product instead of using the EZ Complete. What do you think?
Well LDG is one of the creators of EZcomplete, so she's def a fan of her own product 

Also Wysong isn't a good pre-mix at all. If EZ is out of your price range the next best thing is Alnutrin, Better in the Raw, or TCfeline. 

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It has nothing to do with price, all my cats won't eat food with EZ Complete, only 1 will. Since I'm dousing everything in Fortiflora to get my other ones to eat, I thought maybe another supplement mix might be the answer. I really don't want to use the Fortiflora anymore.

Since Fortiflora is made with animal digest, the Wysong is made with it too.

Why isn't Wysong a good premix? What's it lacking?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It has nothing to do with price, all my cats won't eat food with EZ Complete, only 1 will. Since I'm dousing everything in Fortiflora to get my other ones to eat, I thought maybe another supplement mix might be the answer. I really don't want to use the Fortiflora anymore.

Since Fortiflora is made with animal digest, the Wysong is made with it too.

Why isn't Wysong a good premix? What's it lacking?
Then look at the other pre-mixes I mentioned. Fortiflora isn't really a good topper. Use freeze dried treats. However, some cats just don't like EZ, one of mine doesn't, i use alnutrin for him.

Wysong is REALLY high in iodine, way too much for cats. It's also labeled as "For intermittent or supplemental feeding only" which suggests it's not complete.  They're also using synthetic vitamin A, fish digest, and all sorts of other weird things that aren't appropriate for cats. I wouldn't use that pre-mix even if someone gave it to me for free. 

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

alright. more research, fun fun fun
Alnutrin is good, but you need to add liver and omegas (if using it for boneless).

TCfeline contains xanthan gum

Better in the Raw is pretty similar texture-wise to EZ but it seems to be less palatable, and doesn't have the omegas or digestive enzymes, so maybe not a good choice for your cats.

The other option is to collect your own supplements. Other than those ones, there really aren't any other good pre-mixes on the market. 

Last edited:

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
for the last hour I've been reading reading reading, I need to take a break from the computer.

I've looked up all premix supplements that I could find. The only ones I would use is EZ Complete & TC Feline. I've tried EZ so now I guess I'll buy a bag of TC & see if the kitties will eat it.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

for the last hour I've been reading reading reading, I need to take a break from the computer.

I've looked up all premix supplements that I could find. The only ones I would use is EZ Complete & TC Feline. I've tried EZ so now I guess I'll buy a bag of TC & see if the kitties will eat 
What's your issue with Alnutrin? 

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you have to add liver to it, at least that's what the instructions say. only one of my cats will eat liver & I'm not going to buy a grinder & deal with that

I want to buy meat, dump the powder, add water & be done with it. if rad cat was cheaper, I wouldn't even be dealing with making it myself!

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you have to add liver to it, at least that's what the instructions say. only one of my cats will eat liver & I'm not going to buy a grinder & deal with that

I want to buy meat, dump the powder, add water & be done with it. if rad cat was cheaper, I wouldn't even be dealing with making it myself!
You can add freeze dried liver as a topper, which is what I do. Most cats love the taste of freeze dried liver. My oldest cat doesn't like fresh organs

Alnutrin is really easy and probably a good option for you. It's basically tasteless so for cats that don't like strong flavor beyond the meat flavor (aka EZcomplete) it's a good. The company will send you a sample to try. 

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well I do have a bag of sojos turkey liver & a bag of sojos venison liver. I've already opened the turkey one but wasn't sure how much to give, I only gave them a couple pieces each. I didn't know if each little dried piece is a whole liver, I don't want to give them too much vitamin A, that will cause even more issues!

Ok, I just ordered a bag of Alnutrin

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For freeze dried liver I like Stewarts, or Whole life. Depending on what your cats like you can use beef, turkey, chicken, etc.

Here's info on how much to add. To be honest I don't measure freeze dried liver because I don't feed raw with alnutrin exclusively and I give my pets freeze dried liver as a treat so I don't worry about doing it perfectly. 

http://www.rawfeedingforibdcats.org/using-freeze-dried-liver-in-place-of-fresh.html

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I use Alnturin for meat and bone and don't add in liver. I use ground meat with bones and organs.

Alnutrin with calcium does require liver but it also uses boneless skinless meat.

My Natural Cat has a pre-mix but it needs liver added to it.

Fresh + Oasis has a pre mix for cooked and raw meats. It looks like you just add boneless organless meat to it.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the only one I haven't heard about is the Fresh Oasis. There's so much stuff in it & I'm not familiar with a lot of the ingredients.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful! I've ordered a couple different kinds so I'll see if the kitties eat any of the new stuff