Call Me Crazy, But I Like...

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like organizing and putting things in good order. It will actually be fun for me to unpack and put my things away just the way I like for them to be when I get into my new apartment. Two weeks ago I moved into a temporary apartment until mine is finished being remodeled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like organizing and putting things in good order. It will actually be fun for me to unpack and put my things away just the way I like for them to be when I get into my new apartment. Two weeks ago I moved into a temporary apartment until mine is finished being remodeled.
Moving into a newly remodeled place sounds like great fun.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning out cupboards. it's relaxing and, for a while at least, I know where everything is! :lol:
Ever notice how when the cabinets and closets are a disaster, you consider buying a trained guard dog to chain to them so no one looks inside? But when they're clean, you purposely leave cabinet doors open and make a show of "getting something out of the closet" hoping people will quietly admire your organization?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever notice how when the cabinets and closets are a disaster, you consider buying a trained guard dog to chain to them so no one looks inside? But when they're clean, you purposely leave cabinet doors open and make a show of "getting something out of the closet" hoping people will quietly admire your organization?
Oh yes, I flaunt my spice cabinet after I built shelving and organized them.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Doing laundry. The ryhymic hum of the washer, the soft whap-whap-whap of the dryer, the sweet smell of the dyer sheets, the feeling of taking care of my family.

Rain. Maybe its bc i live in the bay area and have for a while and it barely rains here, but i love rain and thunderstorms. The way the rain smells, so wet and clean and fresh, the rumble of thunder... and afyer it feels like the whole world took a shower and is fresh and clean.

(Caution: possible TMI girl stuff) My Period. Idk, it just makes me feel feminine and alive and connected to the world.. its hard to explain.

When youre with a guy and youre leaving in a car but for whatever reason theyre not leaving with you: i love that thing they do where they kiss you goodbye, ypu get in the car, they shut your door and then pat the roof a couple times firmly before the car takes off. Anyone know what i mean? It just makes me feel kind of safe and secure :)

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I like yard work. The results are nice to see and the physical activity is good exercise. Not for the lazy ! Feeding my cats is a lot of work but I enjoy seeing them excited and happy. Makes me feel good to see them content .
Folks who are not animal lovers would think I'm crazy. :catrub:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Organizing, as many others have said.
And also, call me crazy, but I love to drink pickle juice! Obviously I don't down a whole jar, but I just love a good sip of it and even vinegar. When I was a kid and we went to a fast food place, I would stuff my pockets with extra vinegar packets. And I would make a small hole in the plastic with my tooth and sip away. I would sometimes hear my mom yell at me...."first middle and last name"! did you drink the pickle juice again?!! or "Are you drinking vinegar again?!", as I rustled with the packet in the back seat of the car. :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when I had horses I loved cleaning stalls.
There was something calming about the physical energy used to shovel and rake and then the smell of fresh sawdust. It was satisfying to see a beautifully cleaned stall and sparkling water buckets.
My house may have been a disaster, but my horse stalls were immaculate.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love a good sip of it and even vinegar.
I love pickle juice. Lactic acid (fermented) pickles are better than vinegar pickles, but even vinegar pickle juice is good. Straight vinegar is a bit much for me, but I'll drink straight lemon juice or eat a lemon plain. With salt is better though. When I go out to eat with non-family, I enjoy taking the lemon off my water/tea at a restaurant and eating the lemon without showing any reaction. That always gets an entertaining reaction out of dinner companions!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lactic acid (fermented) pickles are better than vinegar pickles
Where do you buy fermented pickles? I never heard of them.

I love going to the dentist. I love the whole idea of fixing teeth and making them beautiful again. I don't even mind the huge Novocain needle. Too bad it's so expensive, I would go more often. :biggrin:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you buy fermented pickles? I never heard of them.
The most common brand is Bubbies; most grocery stores carry their products, in the refrigerated section. They don't say fermented on the jar, but if you look at the ingredients, fermented pickles won't have vinegar---which is just a shortcut so they don't have to wait for the fermentation process to make the pickles sour. And fermented pickles will always be in the fridge.

(Even though this is Walmart's website, some local Walmarts don't carry Bubbies, it all depends on what the produce manager chooses to stock).
Bubbies Pure Kosher Dill Pickle 33.0 OZ(Pack of 1) - Walmart.com

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most common brand is Bubbies
Thanks. It says Kosher, so maybe it would be in the Jewish section? I'll look next time I'm at the grocery store. I know they had a section for matzo ball soup and stuff like that.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there's a separate refrigerated kosher section, maybe! There's no large Jewish community in this state so I wouldn't know (only 250 Jewish people in the entire state, and not all are kosher observant). But most pickles say kosher so they might not put them in that section, it all depends what the person in charge of sorting thinks.