Call Me Crazy, But I Like...

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like cleaning out a closet, pantry, refrigerator. It is a good feeling to put things up where they belong, donate or whatever, or, in the case of the refrigerator, getting rid of science projects. I like the feeling of having a small, clean, organized space in the midst of all the chaos.

PS - the folks above are welcome to come to my place anytime, because I don't like any of those things!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know it is not just me. I finished vacuuming a while ago and as always I run the Swiffer around the baseboards afterwards. And there is something that is both disturbing and satisfying at the same time to see the big fur puffs that I pick up.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Cutting the grass
-Edging and weed whacking (aside from that darned string always breaking :angryfire:)
-Cleaning, in general, especially when it's a day to day activity in order to "keep up"
-Keeping our animals well groomed
-Organizing things, such as cabinets, freezers, pantries and closets, even though I'm bad at it :(;)
-Anything detail oriented that doesn't make a huge overall impact, but adds that finishing touch to the job even if it feels a bit boring. Good sense of accomplishment there.
Any of these things is made better with a good funny radio show, podcast, or a familiar TV show or movie for background noise.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
-Cutting the grass
-Edging and weed whacking (aside from that darned string always breaking :angryfire:)
-Cleaning, in general, especially when it's a day to day activity in order to "keep up"
-Keeping our animals well groomed
-Organizing things, such as cabinets, freezers, pantries and closets, even though I'm bad at it :(;)
-Anything detail oriented that doesn't make a huge overall impact, but adds that finishing touch to the job even if it feels a bit boring. Good sense of accomplishment there.
Any of these things is made better with a good funny radio show, podcast, or a familiar TV show or movie for background noise.
1 Bruce 1, can I invite you to visit?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of my physical problems I cannot clean as I used to but for some reason I like the canned goods to be perfectly lined up, vinegars the same, etc. I get some sort of satisfaction from it.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacuuming n knowing im getting up any cat hair..n knowing my carpet is clean...for my boy to lay on if he wants...Dusting with my swifter dusters...knowing there is NO dust for me or my boy Snowball to be breathing in to our lungs...And yes I love organization...Theres lots other things..but dont want to write a BIG page..;):):whitecat::catrub:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love baking bread. I love to watch the yeast foam, I love the whole kneading thing. There's something very therapeutic about kneading yeast dough for me. And I can take flour, salt, and yeast and make something that I can see become more alive, rise, and bake into something that's just delicious. I love to smell the yeast, I love to smell the bread as it bakes. Sometimes the best food in the world is a thick slice of freshly baked bread, spread with good butter. The whole thing about bread baking is wonderful for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love baking bread. I love to watch the yeast foam, I love the whole kneading thing. There's something very therapeutic about kneading yeast dough for me. And I can take flour, salt, and yeast and make something that I can see become more alive, rise, and bake into something that's just delicious. I love to smell the yeast, I love to smell the bread as it bakes. Sometimes the best food in the world is a thick slice of freshly baked bread, spread with good butter. The whole thing about bread baking is wonderful for me.
When my son was growing up I used to make bread every Sunday morning. Usually it was a recipe called Burlap Bread, which had molasses and bran in it. It smelled heavenly while baking and was delicious. Have to see if I still have the recipe.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love baking bread! I had tried for years to get it right. Finally, I watched Titlie's The Bread Kitchen on YouTube and it all seemed to finally come together! (My kneading was not up to par, apparently.)

On another note, I do enjoy vacuuming; however, I would much rather be painting something or building something. I am disabled and without certain woodworking tools, so I cannot do everything I would like, but I am currently--and very slowly--making new cabinet doors for my kitchen.