Califlour ear on stray/resque

ittybittykittyspain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone have experience with califlour ear? This stray has not been possible to get to the vet, it had an infection we managed to drain it a few times then she took off to say it frank and now she got a califlour ear. Any point stressing her out more to get her to the vet?
Shes a nightmare to get calm enough hence why the infection wasn't treated in time .

Would love to hear from others whos experienced this, califlour ear that is. It being on a domestic cat or a stray like in this case ( Hence why i m gonna post this in two places) But ppl who's involved in rescue will probably have more of an understanding how hard it is to catch and transports a stray.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a neighbor who has dealt with a long term feral/stray. She has managed to TNR him. But he has curled, mangled ears that I don't believe anyone has said what is/was the cause. He is healthy otherwise, so it seems to no longer be an issue of concern. No one has labeled it as 'cauliflower' ear, but perhaps that is what it is. It is commonly associated with cats who fight, typically needs treatment, but in some will resolve on its own, but result in scarring and disfiguration.
Cauliflower Ear in Cats | PetMD

A few previous threads on this site for you to look at, just in case they might be of any benefit.
Search Results for Query: cauliflower ear | TheCatSite

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It could be caused by an injury, an ear infection or something more serious such as skin cancer. She definitely needs treatment if the problem hasn't healed up on it's own

You will have to use a human trap to get her to the vet. Have you ever used one before? It's usually the only way to get a feral or stray cat to the vet for spaying, neutering and other essential vet care.

Everything You Need To Know About TNR (trap-neuter-release) – TheCatSite Articles