Calico ankle tagger

bruzzedbanana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Two-Face at an animal shelter when she was 6 momths (12-2016). She was with two other kittens who we believed to be siblings. All three were shy and not taking well to the shelter. I carried her around with me for a couple hours while my roommates picked out their cat, she was totally content. I boxed her up and when i told the staff which cat I was adopting they had no idea which one i was talking about. Every cat in the shelter had a name, but not poor little Two-Face.
So knowing that.. She is a pretty tiny cat at 9 months and has half a tail with a little ball of fur hanging off the end. Shes not really afraid of anyone or anything and is cautiously curious. The cat doctor actually said she has one of the best temperaments shes seen.
So why is it when im walking she HAS to tag my legs or ankles. Sometimes she just bites us but its almost like a grooming thing. No real biting, barely even a nibble. I started to notice that was her way of getting me to feed her because she doesnt really meow. However, if she needs food its more unforgiving. But she can be quick too! If im watching her, or i slowly turn my head she wont do it or she'll stop. With my boyfriend she is super quick because he gets mad.
Sneak up on him when he's brushing his teeth, tag, run and hide. It's almost like she knows he's too busy to do anything.
I thought maybe she was doing a "i wanna be chased" sorta thing.. but its just something she'll do casually too. I'll walk by and recieve the gentlist, half butted ankle tap while she's half asleep.
Its almost like she feels she has been given the job of ankle/leg tapping and is taking it every seriously. Why? I don't mind it, it just tickles me. But should it stop?
Another question i have is: could her tail injury make her not like getting her butt pet? All my previous cats loved a full back pet or butt scratch, my boyfriend says cats dont like it..
Otherwise my kitty us awesome.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Tail injury? You adopted her with a short tail correct? Is it a birth defect or was it amputated? Just trying to figure out what you mean by injury. My Hector had her tail amputated half way down after bolting through the bathroom door and getting it caught. She was fine with being touched there.

Some cats just don't like to have their butts touched.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bruzzedbanana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted her that way and it was conpletely healed. The shelter had no information or knowledge about her or her tail.

sprin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It might just be that she has the bobtail gene and was born that way. As far as the ankle tapping, she may be bored. How often do you play with her?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is its just she doesn't like to be touched there. I've had cats that like being touched there and others who don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bruzzedbanana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We play with her a lot, the first week she was home (after adjusting) we tried keeping her up during the day by playing as much as she could. She would still make sure to give me a tap when we'd pass eachother. Even if she remains sitting. Its not always a tag, run thing. She will literally walk by, tap and continue walking.