Calicivirus Help

JenniferFrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a cat I rescued from being feral and she ended up contracting Calicivirus. I need to move back in with my parents but I am scared to bring my other cats around her even though it has been a year since she recovered. The cats butt is still bleeding daily it looks like wet dark stain. Should I not bring my cats around her? My moms vet said it was ok but a bloody butt does not seem ok? Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JenniferFrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is not a kitten not sure why this post is marked kitten.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The post isn’t marked as kitten, that’s just your status as a member on the site.

I don’t think a bloody bum is a symptom of calicivirus. Did the vet check it out? I would have it looked at if now. If she indeed has calicivirus then she will be highly contagious for months after she stops showing symptoms. It’s probably best to not have her be in contact with other cats. And I would maybe consult another vet. Do you have a way to seperate the cats for a while when you move back in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JenniferFrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so she survived the virus over a year ago. I guess I will have to take her to a second vet for a second opinion and no there is no way I can seperate my 3 cats from her. I can no lock them up in bedroom while she freely roams the home as she has. Thanks.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, so she survived the virus over a year ago. I guess I will have to take her to a second vet for a second opinion and no there is no way I can seperate my 3 cats from her. I can no lock them up in bedroom while she freely roams the home as she has. Thanks.
If it was over a year ago I don’t think she will still be shedding it, so it’s probably save. But, the bloody bum is of concern for sure so I would get that checked out.