Cali sleeps in food dish unsure why

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unsure if this is behavior or health related, when I get paid soon she'll see a vet but in the meantime anyone have an idea why she does this?

She likes to sleep in her food dishes and water dishes, she has plenty of spots to sleep at but sometimes she sleeps in her food -_-

This is new

I'm baffled on why she is doing it and I never seen a cat do it before (besides kittens but not like this)
Thank you and have a great day

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm baffled too! I guess my first question would be, has anything in your household changed? Do you have other cats or pets? The reason I'm asking is because maybe she's trying to guard her food. Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you tried to take her food dish up after she eats? Last but not least, is she acting normal in every other respect, e.g. using the litter box, playing, grooming herself, eating and interested in her food? If any of these answers are no then you may want to consider calling the vet. Or maybe she has just developed a new habit. :confused2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm baffled too! I guess my first question would be, has anything in your household changed? Do you have other cats or pets? The reason I'm asking is because maybe she's trying to guard her food. Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you tried to take her food dish up after she eats? Last but not least, is she acting normal in every other respect, e.g. using the litter box, playing, grooming herself, eating and interested in her food? If any of these answers are no then you may want to consider calling the vet. Or maybe she has just developed a new habit. :confused2:
3 other cats and a rabbit and all of them act like Cali's food plates etc aren't even there ,not really on the change in household besides diet change from old dry to new dry food, if I remove the food dish she'll meow her head off and spazz out tell you put it back, she does tries to lay in the cat box but I won't allow it (one of the reasons why she going to vet when I get paid) ,some hair loss but it's improving after the dry was changed, she is like always with her food not really plays never really seen her do that

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Laying in the cat box is a sign of a cat feeling territorially insecure.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many vets are booked several weeks or more in advance these days so schedule an appointment now and just set aside money from your next paycheck for it.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many vets are booked several weeks or more in advance these days so schedule an appointment now and just set aside money from your next paycheck for it.
I actually have a appointment on Aug 3rd for one of my cats To get a microchip ,going to ask them today if I can't plop Cali's in Raidens spot, this vet I have is easily workable even though they get 60-70 drop offs in a day

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
trying to get vet appointment I'm started to suspect some of her issues is caused by the Canadian fires pollution smoke coming in my area just seen my area in the red zone 🙄 no wonder why outside smells like pee and other things