Bye Bye Dj

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My snake Django passed away. He was only in his teens. He got me through some rough times. I don't expect people to get that because he was a snake and not a warm blooded loving lap companion but I am really sad. I think he's the reason why I survived the death of my past soul-mate cat. I specifically remember mourning her and watching him and feeling that feeling that nature works out of our grasp and is wondrous. He assuaged my anxiety and he helped me survive through that time and far beyond it.

He didn't love me in terms most people could understand but he did trust me to care for him. He loved exploring, was always curious and he was good-natured. He would've been a good pet for a child- just so good natured.

He was a snake. He wasn't cuddly but he was curious and a character in his own way and I miss him even though it hasn't been long. He lived a decent life but it does seem short and I feel guilty that he didn't last 30 years. He should've lived another 15 years or so.

He was a truly beautiful animal and now he's gone and we will never know why and that bothers me. We had so many years together. I remember bringing him home like it was yesterday. Now we have an empty cage and I can't bring myself to tell my family. He was a well-loved little soul.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry about your beloved snake. It always hurts when a family member passes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this!!

RIP Django - you were beautiful, you were very loved, and you gave much in return :vibes::rbheart:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry.

Focus on getting thru one day at a time.

Think of the good times, not the loss.

It will get better.

+Jeffrey+

Lady G. & Kobe (Gone But Not Forgotten!)
Young Cat
Purraise
Friends come in all shapes, sizes, colors, even different forms of life. Sounds like Django was a wonderful friend.

Sorry for your loss.

RIP Django

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our heart knows no species, it only knows that it is broken when it has lost someone it loved. Snakes have a undeserved bad reputation from centuries of misunderstandings and outright misconceptions. They can provide companionship, entertainment, and love just like any other species. maybe even more then a lot of humans. Just like I am advocate for cats, so I have always defended snakes too, and kept many of them from being harmed through ignorance and fear. They are interesting, beautiful creatures and deserve respect and to be able to live in peace just as any other creature should. I have had many snakes in my life, and I encourage them to stay in my garden for safety and for my enjoyment.
You formed a bond with that sweet boy and that will never leave you because it is spiritual, not physical. To have him live for so many years is a testamount to your care. But just as with any other species there is a lifespan, and most do not make it to the oldest age. None of us are guaranteed a tomorow so each day must be enjoyed and celebrated to it's fullest. Django will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers and just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you to live the remainder of your own life in joy and happiness. In this way he lives on through you because he is a part of your soul. Do not spend time on grief and death, use it to celebrate knowing him and loving him, that is so much more important. Use your wonderful memories to bring comfort to your broken heart instead of pain.
He is at peace because he knew he was loved. Take care of yourself, you can get through this with the help of those who understand your pain, by knowing you are not alone in your grief. My thoughts and prayers are with all three of you.....RIP beautiful Django. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May teh good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Django, dream you deep. Your memory is twined around your human's heart forever.

We have no clue, really, about the emotions of reptiles, but he trusted you. He knew you were there for him always, and that, in my book, is love. And love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Django will always be a part of you.