By Da Book, By Da Boom

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are any current commercial on TV getting to be irritating to you? This one is to me, and then there's that Progressive commercial of Flo in Maid for Us. What turns you off?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have regular TV service so I don't see them. I always hated the ones for prescription medications too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Liberty insurance commercials didn't used to be quite so bad; now they're every bit as ridiculous as the Geico ads.

The Frank Thomas commercials for Nugenix: "Trust me, she'll like it, too."

The "readiest" commercial for Holiday Inn Express. I just wanna smack that guy up alongside the head.

Any Progressive commercial.

Good lord, I must watch more tv than I thought!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We DVR most of our shows when we can, and skip the commercials. I hate it when I'm sitting down to eat and they come on right then with ED, or feminine itch commercials. How about "is your pad the right size?" It makes me want to gag!! I really don't want to think of other people's 'problems' like that. Is nothing sacred?! I guess any young kids get more of an education then we thought too!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually find medication commercials funny, when the list of side effects seem worse than the disease itself. In all, most commercials irritate me because I see right thru their marketing strategies. Either they are stretching the truth, or simply adding social justice type crap in their advertising because it's whats "in" right now. The fact that people fall into the trap of "oh, they have a big girl wearing those jeans" or "wow, they used a gay couple", I'm going to support them. I'm not hateful about using big girls or gay or ethnic people in advertising, it's just that companies really don't give a crap about who they use, only if it makes people buy their stuff. And people fall for it. :sheep:
One commercial that I absolutely hate is Febreez commercials. The fact that they try to market that it cleans or washes irritates me to no end. It does not wash or clean. It masks.
My new irritating commercial it the new Venus razor commercial. Talking about how it does not matter who you are or why you shave...blah blah. As long as you love your skin...:barf:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had another thought about commercials. Does ANYONE out there get perfume/cologne commercials at all? I sure as hell don't. They never make any sense. Just a random model floating in water, or a lustful rendezvous of sorts, or a woman wearing a chiffon dress that blows in the wind... They bug me but only because they are pretty useless. At least the "axe" commercials were funny(ish) and made a point that if a man sprayed it on, women to flock to him.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camel walks through the office saying, " Guess what day it is? Come on, guess! " It bugs the office workers until someone says " Hump day " in a tired-of-listening-to-you voice.
Sounds pretty funny, but then I guess I'm easy to amuse . . . .

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched TV in about 20 years. At least. Too much surfing on the internet . . . .