Buyer wants a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I recently adopted out an odd eyed white kitten but the buyer wants a return her saying that she's deaf and I did not state that in my ad. He's taken her for a day and I don't know what condition she was in.
Can you please tell me what I should do in this situation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We didn't write any contract. Just exchanged kitten and money. The person said he wanted an odd eye so he came and paid for the kitten but then a day later he texted me that he cannot withstand a deaf cat and he wants a refund and I should provide a solution as I did not state that in the ad. I do not know whether she's deaf or not because I never thought she could be deaf as she sees alright

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would have him return the kitten and give him a refund. At least you will know the kitten is safe. I always suggest allowing people to return a kitten if it’s not working out. Otherwise, the kitten may end up on the street or at a shelter or with Lord only knows who.

S skrumtuoscatlayd

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But is there anyway I can test whether she's really deaf or not?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With regard to the situation - no. Just take the cat back and give the refund. You cannot try to prove the cat is deaf or not to make the sale good. He has stated he does not want the cat. Please do the right thing and take it back. Over time you will be able to recognize whether the cat is deaf or not.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But know I was going to reund him but for the future.. Also what should I do if she returns sick

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But I've had siituation where a kitten was returned after a day was sick and distressed. She was really healthy when she left eating well, purring and her poo was alright
Also its 4am here in sydney so I cannot make the person come now. I will try to have her returned first thing in the morning

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please do get her returned in the morning, then post her picture and let us know how she is. We’ll take it from there.

Do you still have her mom and siblings?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That will help the kitten greatly. She will likely be happy to reunite with them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten's safety is the most important thing. And there's not a lot a person can do in one day to make a kitten sick, short of poison. Even if they never fed the kitten it should still be ok after only one day.

If this is something you're going to do on a regular basis, you should work out a contract, to protect you AND the buyer.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I texted him to come 9 am to return the kitten and he told me he'll keep the kitten as he already booked her vaccination appointment and it was costly
What should I do?
I mean can't bookings be cancelled anytime?
Do you think he's not telling me the truth?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like he’s already had her vaccinated and paid for it. Now he’s decided to keep her since he’s made an investment in her.

Why don’t you just call him to clarify the details with him? Talking might be more productive than texting.

It sounds like between the time he asked to return her and when you responded (how long was that?) he changed his mind and is keeping her.

Your main goal should be to determine if the kitten will be safe with him and that he will be happy with the kitten.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He texted me at 11.59pm last night and I responded after chatting with you so around 4.20am
But still normally vets don't take money for bookings, payment is usually made after vaccination. That's why I feel like he's not telling me the truth
I already feel worried about the future of the kitten or if the person will keep texting me with issues later on
He was around 20-30 labanese male
He told me he was getting an odd eyed kitten because his girlfriend has one

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s why you need to actually talk to him instead of texting to determine if the kitten has already been to the vet or not and what has changed his mind about keeping her.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No he's not been to the vet yet. He said he booked on the 10th of Oct. And I swear no vets take payment on booking here

Status
Not open for further replies.