Butterscotch peanut butter cornflake drops

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
I'm making some butterscotch and peanut butter cornflake drops and I don't remember the recipe I've used before. I looked online and for a simple 3 ingredient recipe...there are certainly many variations.
All call for 1 package of butterscotch chips and on average 4 cups of cornflakes...some say 5. But the variation on the amount of peanut butter is pretty different. Some say 1/4 cup, some 1/2 and some 1cup. Anyone else make these? How much peanut butter is best?

Thanks a bunch!!!

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know the answer to your questions but I just came to say that it sounds DELICIOUS and my mouth is already watering!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow, that's seems like a lot of butterscotch. Based on thinking this through although I haven't made this exact recipe, I think I'd do 1 C peanutbutter. Be sure and use regular commercial peanut butter, not "natural". Regarding the amount of cornflakes, try 4 cups and if that's not enough then you can always add.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a thought....My marshmallow squares call for 2 cups of peanut butter with 1 package each of butterscotch and chocolate chips...so I'm gonna go with 1 cup of peanut butter for this recipe.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they're done and setting....consistency seems good...we'll see how firm they set.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How did they turn out? I have the last baked product made with summer's blackberries in the oven. We had quite a harvest, this item took 5 cups, and I couldn't have come up with exactly the right amount left over from several other baked goodies if I'd tried lol :)

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They turned out fine and set pretty well. When I took them off wax paper, the bottoms were still a tad soft/sticky, so I just put them in their container and stuck them in the fridge to harden. I haven't eaten one though, so I'm not sure about flavor, but I'm sure they taste good.