Butterscotch passed away today

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Y yearling Tom Butterscotch went into the vet yesterday because the topical I use for fleas wasn't working and he seemed lethargic and didn't want breakfast o had planned to get my kitties revolution a week from today when I get paid anyway I took him into the vet and he perked up was fiesty hissing scratching etc but they suggested a flea dip and different topical and I agreed anyway they had to sedate him for the flea dip he never fully roused from the Anesthesia and this morning he had a seizure and died in my arms on the way back to the vet. The vet said it was either fleas or a reaction to the anesthesia as it was the first time he'd gone under he was unnutered because change of vets and job loss anyway as he'd been fine until he was sedated and was never able to fully rouse I think it was more likely he had had a reaction to the sedation and it would have happened next month during his nuter anyway but it hurts so much and I want him back I know it is not possible but I can't help it RIP Baby Butt's I loved you pic taken less than a week ago.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so very sorry 😞

RIP darling cat. You didn't have enough time here, but you did your best and lived your life as fully as a cat should.

Ctriggs5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss. RIP butterscotch.
I too am grieving the loss of our dear Cosmo who passed suddenly yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Until you meet again

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, poor little guy. So very hard when it's that unexpected. My deepest condolences to you.

Rest in peace, sweet Butterscotch. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Y yearling Tom Butterscotch went into the vet yesterday because the topical I use for fleas wasn't working and he seemed lethargic and didn't want breakfast o had planned to get my kitties revolution a week from today when I get paid anyway I took him into the vet and he perked up was fiesty hissing scratching etc but they suggested a flea dip and different topical and I agreed anyway they had to sedate him for the flea dip he never fully roused from the Anesthesia and this morning he had a seizure and died in my arms on the way back to the vet. The vet said it was either fleas or a reaction to the anesthesia as it was the first time he'd gone under he was unnutered because change of vets and job loss anyway as he'd been fine until he was sedated and was never able to fully rouse I think it was more likely he had had a reaction to the sedation and it would have happened next month during his nuter anyway but it hurts so much and I want him back I know it is not possible but I can't help it RIP Baby Butt's I loved you pic taken less than a week ago.

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet face & perfect name…very sorry for your loss (and Cosmo too!). :hearthrob:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your pain. We will never understand why things like this have to happen, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Butterscotch lives on through you now, in your memories and your heart. Love is spiritual, so eternal,a permanent part of your very soul. That connection can never be taken from you, so send him thoughts of thanks for being a part of your life. You gave him what he wanted most in this life, someone to love him. He is at peace because of the love he holds so dear in his heart. He left way too early, but not before he made a huge presence in your life.
There is always a quote i like to remember in times like these. " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".....RIP sweet Butterscotch, you will always be missed, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord blessand keep you, until you meet again!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss! It is so hard when we loose them at young age & unexpectedly.

F6D72247-446C-4244-9F62-CD0D946937ED.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss. I hope and pray you find comfort from all those happy moments with Butterscotch.

And to you too C Ctriggs5 I am sorry.

Hang in there.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Butterscotch, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so very, very sorry. I will only say this about the manner of his dying...it is almost certain that he did not feel the seizure. People, and almost certainly animals, as well, do not. For him, his passing was easy, and it was in your arms, where he felt safe. This is the deepest Truth I know, that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you for your loving care, and he sends his Love back to you, to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.