Butt Shaking?

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so recently we noticed Escanor will shake his behind and tail when we go to feed our dog. He does it next to the trash can and the best way I can describe is it looks like his butt and tail are vibrating. And it’s only by the trash can when we go to feed the dog. I was worried he was spraying but I haven’t seen a “stream” and there’s absolutely no cat pee smell in the house at all so I don’t think that’s what’s going on. But am I wrong? Has any one else experienced this? He is neutered btw. Also including irrelevant yawning pics bc they’re cute lol.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He may be dry (phantom) spraying. Do they get along with the dog? Does Escanor feel threatened by the dog?
I don’t think he does. They are often caught cuddling and napping together and Escanor will usually groom the dog. There’s never any hissing or anything that makes me think he feels threatened but maybe he does? Thanks for the advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was mid yawn in that pic. Escanor does try to play with the dog occasionally but it’s more of a game of chase. There’s no using claws or biting

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen lots of cats do the "fake spray"... I've even seen a 3 month old female kitten do a very convincing "fake spray" when she was excited that I was opening a cat food can. I don't know why they do it either, but I wouldn't worry about it!