Butt problem

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night levi sat on desk and left clear flyid smelled terrible. Just now laying on me and to me looks like top of butthole enlarged? Is he ok or any ideas? Sorry about graphic picture

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The stinky fluid is just anal gland secretion which all cats have. Cats don't normally expel anal gland secretions when not pooping. Your cat's glands may be a little full so some leaked out. You can empty the glands at home yourself by following videos or you can have the vet or a groomer do it. The picture of your cat's butt looks fine to me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Totally agree with LTS3 LTS3 . Third option...have your vet show you how to do it, if you're worried with just videos. It is NOT hard to do. It IS also very unpleasant, but far cheaper than a vet. My tummy is fairly strong, but I'm not the most confident person about things like that, so I'd opt for having the vet show me how to do it, myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The stinky fluid is just anal gland secretion which all cats have. Cats don't normally expel anal gland secretions when not pooping. Your cat's glands may be a little full so some leaked out. You can empty the glands at home yourself by following videos or you can have the vet or a groomer do it. The picture of your cat's butt looks fine to me.
👌 I will check out cideo but uf looks hard may just go to the vet.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not hard to do unless you have a very squirmy cranky cat and an extra pair of hands to hold the cat still doesn't help. Most cats don't like you messing around back there so having the vet do it is best. I can do my cat but he more or less holds still.