busy kitty likes to bite

bbylis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agagtha is approximately three years old and continues to grow into the personality she was meant to have. We got her a little under a year ago from the local Humane Society. For the first three weeks she lived in the walls of our unfinished basement, then slowly day by day she has come out of her shell. We call her the "busy kitty" as she is always at your side, following you, fetching for you, cuddling with you and chatting. She is one of three and the only girl. When cuddling she likes to bite. I know that this is a sign of affection, but she has become so much more demanding. I say ouch in a firm tone and pull away from her, but she insists on more love and more bites. Is there anyway that I can stop this one element of her blossoming personality?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was she declawed at some point? You can try scruffing her gentley and turning her away from you. When she bites, keep doing this. It may take a little while, but they usually get the idea.

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a two month old kitten named Jake. He likes to chew on my fingers and feet. How do I break him of the habit?
Also, he likes to chew on electric cable. I've seen at the store an aerosal can of spray called Out! Is it safe to use on the cord?