Burning Off Excess Energy?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use long haired rabbit fur mice to play fetch. (They like the long haired ones over the short haired ones.) Thankfully rabbit fur is digestible so a little won’t hurt him. After one of the teen kittens ate THREE tails off of the 12 pack of fur mice, I just cut off the tails of all of them. You do need to check the fur toys/all toys for wear and tear. I do it once a month but your cat may need weekly checks (and no plastic! You don’t want him to develop a PICA habit of eating plastic!) I have noticed that even the rabbit fur poof balls can start to fall apart.

I bought suede cord to make jewelry and found that my kittens loved it! So I braided some together to make a 18 inch long braid and tied it off a few times at the end. The braid was to make it stronger/last longer. The kittens loved it. They like to play with it and live the short tassels on the end. Sometimes I tie a small dangly toy on the end for them. I use the leather cord instead of ribbons because it is safer.... however I would only use it with supervision until you are sure he won’t try to eat it.

If you give him plastic of any kind I would give him doggy chew toys since those are more durable. Also you might try giving him rawhide sticks or little dog bones for him to chew on. They sell compressed catnip toys which would be safe for him to gnaw on.
:goodluck:

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Sammy gave up on toys shes a big girl now but she has a tunnel toy shes had since she was a kitten she still loves it and plays with it
Spooky is all about bottle caps and shoe strings and tennis balls yes tennis balls she loves them she is obsessed with the light up balls I can't find them anywhere in the pet section

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered some light balls off of amazon., it might be worth a try. I had one cat that loved to grip and kick tennis balls. :dunno: Cats can be weird!

I didn’t suggest things like the caps to milk jugs since she said he eats plastic toys. A crumpled sheet of tissue paper would be a safe toy since it would be OK if he ate it.