burn treatment?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Hate to tell you but odds are against you at this point trying to claim any injury from your work. You absolutely, positively, have to file an injury claim immediately at your work before even leaving for medical treatment there after........ Think about it, why would they have any reason to except responsibility for any ER or other medical care bills after recorded employee injury......
I agree!!!!
My daughter works at Wendys also.She has gotten burned and cut many times.It is their thoughts that if it doesn't require a Dr visit,then there is no need to file papers.Or if you get injured, you need to file right then and there.
She asked what stove you got burned on? Her burns have been from the potatoes--splitting them to put the cheese and etc in them.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker

The potato/chili stove. what a beast!
When I worked at Wendys, they never had any guards on any of the stoves. I was burned there more times then I could count. Filling out accident reports was just a waste of time. Nothing was ever actually done, I just ended up getting Solarcaine and dealing with the burns. Wendys is a BAD place to work IMO...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm trying to get out. I got out for almost 2 years but for a whole year they were begging me to come back. Then when the gas station kept cutting back my hours, and I needed money because Linus was so sick, I went back. It's nice to be wanted.

But 10 years in fast food is like 30 years in a regular job, imo. And it's not that I hate it, but I want to do something more rewarding. I'm good at it, and I love my customers and I like most of the people I work with, but the pace sometimes can be grueling. I love my other job at the bookstore, but it doesn't offer enough hours to maintain my living. So I'm looking for another job.

Got called for an interview as a Community Support Aide at one of the local healthcare providers. If I get the job I will be helping to provide assistance in a foster care environment for adults who are mentally and/or physically handicapped. I really hope I get the job, but the job market is so saturated right now.

I miss the days when it used to be like, "Well I don't like this job," and within two weeks you could get something else. I warned Katey that this job would merely be temporary until I found something else, and now it's been a year again that I've been back. :$

There's a guard on the front of this oven, but not the sides. Unless there's something fault on the oven. Never burned myself on the oven but plenty of times from the chicken fryer or the stove even with proper gear.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I got a nasty second degree burn from a boiling water which spilled on my knee, my aunt who is a nurse, told me to put a grease gauze on it so it heals faster and won't leave a bad scar. I did what se told me to, and I don't have a scar at all even though the injury was quite bad looking and not very small either. Note that the grease gauze was not a first aid, but for the healing period. (or that's what I understood back then).