Buoght a van and saved a dog...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All in a days work for DH and I.

I took Friday off work so we could go back to his home town to buy a mini-van. My poor car was on it's last leg and being almost 8 months pregnant wasn't really safe for me to be driving. So, Instead of sinking more money into fixing it DH decided it was time we got a new (to us) vehicle. We looked at it over Easter weekend but the dealership was closed... so we went back Friday. It's a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. It has 70,000 miles, stow-n-go seat and is pretty loaded. It's exactly what I was wanting... and we paid about 4,000 less than book retail value for it! Plus, when we go back in a few months the dealer is putting new tires on it too!

So, we closed the deal and went to his brother studio to visit with them. As we were leaving this super friendly, wiggly butt, brendel pit came up the sidewalk. I saw her following someone else just before but we figured she must have gotten away from her home. She had a 24petwatch tag so we called with her # and they connected us to her "owner". We took her into the studio in the mean time because we were on a pretty major street in town and didn't want her getting hit. She knew basic commands and was in really good shape so we knew she belonged to someone. Well, DH was getting the run around trying to find out where she came from. So, while he did more calling we took her to his parents and tied her up outside with water & kibble. We knew she was an indoor dog because she freaked out when we tried to leave her to get a bite to eat. So, I left DH with her while my FIL and I went to get lunch. By the time I got back, he had found her home which was only a few blocks from where we found her. Her daddy was very happy to have her back and I don't blame him. She was such a sweet heart. Said he went out looking for her as soon as he realized she had gotten out.

All in all it was a very good weekend.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you and your DH. There are surely no better people than animal lovers. Love the baby graphics and good luck to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Ya, it felt good to know that she wasn't out roaming. Although I think my nephew was a little dissapointed that they couldn't keep her. She really was a sweet heart.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found a van that meets your needs so well. And thank goodness you found the sweetheart's owners!
I don't want to think about what may have happened to her.... Especially considering she was a pit,

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was worried about that too. I was talking to someone else about it and they kind of scoffed at the fact that she was a pit making some remark about she must have been mean. I quickly corrected them and mentioned that any dog can be "mean" if they are trained to be.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A word of advice. It may be too late, but Chrysler mechanics I know say that these Chrysler vehicles need an extra transmission cooler; the one in the radiator does not cool sufficiently. At that mileage, I wouldn't be surprised if it has already had one transmission rebuild.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

A word of advice. It may be too late, but Chrysler mechanics I know say that these Chrysler vehicles need an extra transmission cooler; the one in the radiator does not cool sufficiently. At that mileage, I wouldn't be surprised if it has already had one transmission rebuild.
Chrysler (Mopar in general) can have some serious tranny issues but fortunately we bought it from a small town dealer, it's only had one owner and all maintenance was done at the dealership. I can say with 99.9% certainty that the tranny hasn't been rebuilt. And I've never heard of the cooling issue but I can ask my cousin... who happens to be a mechanic and done most of the work on my mom's 2000 T&C.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I was worried about that too. I was talking to someone else about it and they kind of scoffed at the fact that she was a pit making some remark about she must have been mean. I quickly corrected them and mentioned that any dog can be "mean" if they are trained to be.
*shakes head* I hate that attitude. The two sweetest dogs I've ever encountered were both pit bulls.