Bumps on cat Ears, what do you guys think it is?

Jupitermoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I’m new here. I saw a lot of posts from this website come up when I was searching for answers about my cats issue so I decided to come down and ask for myself.

So, my cat had these two bumps on his ears. They looked like scabs and were yellow red in colour. The first bump appeared a month ago, and I just noticed this new one.

I thought it was wax so I wasn’t really worried. Now, I’m not so sure what it is.

The bumps were scratched off by my parent (bad call I know), and after removing them the area turned red. Currently, the red has faded and all that is left is this white bubble thing you usually see after ripping off scabs.

I’m a little worried it’s an infection or god forbid cancer. I wanted to ask what you guys think it is or if your own cats have had similar issues. My family does not think it’s serious enough to see a vet.

Attachments

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I have never seen anything like that in one of my cats. Hopefully one of our other members will be able to advise you. Best of luck with your kitty.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Disorders of the Outer Ear in Cats - Cat Owners - Merck Veterinary Manual

This page from the Merck Veterinary Manual might give you some clues. Clearly, your cat does not have several of these like frostbite,so don't think that everything applies. This almost looks like a bite to me, but there is no way for us to be sure. I am also not thinking that it is skin cancer, or if so it is very early, as the later symptoms seem to be missing. If they don't go away though, I would schedule a vet appointment to be sure of what they are.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
fionasmom fionasmom took the words right off of my fingertips. They almost look like a bit. What I would suggest is watching them carefully through the weekend. Take pictures once a day, so you know if they have changed. If they seem the same, or better, don't worry so much. But if they grow, get red, etc, or more of them crop up, call the vet.