Bump On Cat Head? (pictures)

NickCapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mother is very attached to one of our cats, but there is a weird bump on their head. We aren't exactly wealthy enough to bring it to a doctor unless it is serious or causes pain. The lump seems to be filled with fluid and sometimes disappears for months. The problem is that it usually comes back. It doesn't look like it causes our cat pain but it just worries me. She is getting old at around 14-15 years old. If it matters she has changed her behaviour recently and loves going outside, and craves attention more. about a year ago she lost a lot of weight and she seems very happy. Pictures attached
1a.jpg
1b.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
To the vet please! Best diagnosis is from the vet.

Let us know the pronogsis after the vet’s visit. We hope it’s nothing serious and hope cat will be well.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From the photo and history, it looks like a cyst, which may be cancerous. I would take the cat to the vet and have it diagnosed and hopefully excised.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NickCapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies, I will be taking our cat to the vet soon. crossing our fingers that it is nothing bad!

bilibom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi NickCapp,

I hope your cat is better now.

I have a cat with the exact bump at the exact location. Could you please share the diagnosis with us?

Best,
Burak

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
OP has not been back in four years, so you will probably not get a response from him.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Even though this thread is not long, I agree with the advice to take the cat to the vet. The pic looks, to me, as if it is a cyst and is fluid filled. If so, it can be drained and analyzed by the vet. If it is solid, it can be biopsied or removed. Anything that size should be looked at, even if the cat does not seem bothered by it. If it is a cyst of some sort that opens and drains, there is a possibility of infection.

bilibom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually, he was born with it. It looks a bit larger to me these days. That's why we got worried. It's solid.

You may be right about the infection. I was just looking around before visiting the vet.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Burak