Bully cat wont stop attacking my cat

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
yes!! Thanks Norachan! A great idea about the cat enclosures!! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128515[/emoji][emoji]128515[/emoji][emoji]128515[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]Why didn't I think of that possibility! I see some very inspiring pictures on google. Alright i've got work to do. Going to start small by adding chickenwire to the roof over the patio in the back and expand by adding more modules every week. Alright thanks![emoji]128571[/emoji]
Let us see some pictures of whatever you make.

Making cat enclosures is so much fun, I'm always modifying and adding bits to mine.

heatherjmcc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok have the same problem...in a new home and I have one gorgeous ginger male and 2 little short haired black sisters.  they have been spayed and neutered and never stray.  they love to go outside  and stay in the yard only.  there a mean orange brute who hassles and terrorizes my guys daily.  I have to leave the doors open and check on them every 10 minutes or they tear in the house...or worse, there are cries of terror.  I saw the cat jump my little pipsqueak the other day that resulted in a vet visit with an infection from a cut near the eye...i'm like the guy who says i'm entirely fed up with poorly behaved animals at the risk of my cats' health and safety.  Cats are hunters by nature and should not have to be locked up. if your pet stays on your own property it should be protected...this horrible monster cat even comes into my home...I'm angry too...as angry as if someone was hurting my kid...grrrrrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

ok have the same problem...in a new home and I have one gorgeous ginger male and 2 little short haired black sisters.  they have been spayed and neutered and never stray.  they love to go outside  and stay in the yard only.  there a mean orange brute who hassles and terrorizes my guys daily.  I have to leave the doors open and check on them every 10 minutes or they tear in the house...or worse, there are cries of terror.  I saw the cat jump my little pipsqueak the other day that resulted in a vet visit with an infection from a cut near the eye...i'm like the guy who says i'm entirely fed up with poorly behaved animals at the risk of my cats' health and safety.  Cats are hunters by nature and should not have to be locked up. if your pet stays on your own property it should be protected...this horrible monster cat even comes into my home...I'm angry too...as angry as if someone was hurting my kid...grrrrrrrr
Does the bully cat belong to one of your neighbors or is he a stray?

If he's a feral or stray and not neutered the easiest way to get him to calm down is to get him fixed. You could contact a TNR group to help you with this.

Have you thought about making an enclosure so your cats can go outside and not get into fights? Maybe taking them out on a harness and leash would work? Once a cat has decided that your home and yard is part of his territory it's very difficult to get them to leave. I know it makes you angry, but he is only doing what comes naturally to him as a cat.

The best thing to do is to find some way of allowing your cats to go out without risking them coming into contact with other animals.

bethsichtermann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Luc. Um. I just read your story, and the first thing to do is NOT LET YOUR CAT OUT, OR it will die. Contact your local Veterinarian, for their local treat and release program;(google it), and you can actually do this yourself. It is a Fable, that cats can safely be outside. WRONG. They are called domestic, for a reason. They are actually very vulnerable to danger and disease. And if is doubly bad, if you have a male or female, that isn't fixed, because of the feline Leukemia, which transfers sexually? It will kill them-and fast. Its your cat, but in life, as humans we never get everything we want. Our kids can't- and neither can our other babies...think about their life, and how much it means to you. Keep him or her IN THE HOUSE AND OPEN A WINDOW!

sailorcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I once dealt with a bully cat, he was my neighbours and used to come in our house after dark!
My cat at the time (spot) was so stressed by him he left for 3 months, came home with a missing tooth and abscess in his tail.
My neighbour noticed he was back and I explained his cat was a bully and he laughed in my face!

There cat was still a regular visitor and I had a female cat (poppy) who would fight anyone, she took to fighting him away.

My only real solution was to leave a bowl of food close to where the bully cat came over the wall.

After that he stopped popping in for a midnight snack and pretty much left us alone.

Very strange but it worked!

zippo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow reading this makes me almost greatful that my cat is a bruiser

there's a b
I have the same problem with(I named it) the "Black Evil". It comes here and attacks my three smaller cats, day and night. I felt something watching me the other day, and when I looked around I found Black Evil staring at me. I've tried to live rap him many times, but he's way too smart for that. And it's gotten to the point that I'm about ready to do anything to rid this cat from my area! I thought about calling the police and saying I just saw a big black tom cat acting funny and it might be sick with rabies...but they would probably take one of my cats instead, even though none of them are black
I'm just absolutely fed up also, and it's very hard to keep 6 cats inside all the time when they are used to going outside! Good Luck with your bully, and I'll be watching for good ideas here
​I know my nan keeps a spray gun with a water vinegar mix by the door to ward off any strays who disrupt her garden (As she has four of her own)

maybe this might work for you?

maquis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck on talking to the owner.  If they are that irresponsible, they are not even going to listen or might pretend to listen but they will do what is best for them not you.  Been there and done that, it just doesn't work.  My final recourse was to take the animal to animal services.  They never even looked for him!  Shows you how much they really cared...

sophdoph

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Luc,
My cat is called bumble and is being bullied by this cat next door who terrorises all the cats on my road and I'm really scared she will hurt bumble when we are away at Christmas because once bumble came in with blood on the floor after being chased by this cat, the cat constantly chases bumble and bumble as a few wounds from it, it's ine thing to keep a cat from your garden, but another to physically chase her right to her cat flap. I'm really worried and bumble just threw up because she was scared
I don't know what to do (the neighbor is abroad and no help whatsoever no offence to her she is very nice, unlike her cat)
Sophdoph

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Luc,
My cat is called bumble and is being bullied by this cat next door who terrorises all the cats on my road and I'm really scared she will hurt bumble when we are away at Christmas because once bumble came in with blood on the floor after being chased by this cat, the cat constantly chases bumble and bumble as a few wounds from it, it's ine thing to keep a cat from your garden, but another to physically chase her right to her cat flap. I'm really worried and bumble just threw up because she was scared
I don't know what to do (the neighbor is abroad and no help whatsoever no offence to her she is very nice, unlike her cat)
Sophdoph
Hi Sophdoph,

Really the only thing you can do is keep Bumble indoors. It's really not fair to keep putting her outside if she is being attacked. There are too many things outside that can hurt a cat anyway. Cars, dogs, wild life, poison, mean people, diseases etc etc. Cats that go outside don't live half as long as cats that are kept in.

Please don't let her go outside anymore. She'll be perfectly happy as an indoor cat.