Bully Cat - Need Urgent Help!!!

Baz84

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey All

I need URGENT help! I will try to summarize situation

1- I have two cats. Maine Coon age 2. Siamese Age 1.
Their personalities: Siamese - Playful and loud. Maine Coon - Scaredy Cat! I'm not sure why he's so scared of everything - I got him from Poland. The only thing I can think of is - trauma from flight?

2- Both cats get along very well - sleep, eat, play, playful fight etc each other. I can't said either cats are Alpha - but the Siamese usually is the one ruling.

So - I used to live in an apartment. Given current insane cost spikes, my mother and I decided to combine our resources and get a house... BUT before that

3- Mother came to Apartment with a Himalayan Cat - 10 years old. He has an alpha personality. He gets a long very well with my Siamese Cat. Honestly - no one can't. He plays with everyone, cuddles up to all etc etc (aka brown noser). However, the Himalayan constantly bullies my Maine Coon. In the apartment, they started getting along a bit... but

4-Moved to new house. Bullying got worse... Himalayan is constantly approaching my Maine Coon (while my MC growls)... We thought it would get better with time. It's been 1 month and it hasn't.

5- They got into a few fights - hasn't happened in my apartment before - usually The Himalayan walks towards the Maine Coon who is growling and then launches himself at him (we're talking about a 8 pound Hima vs 17 pound MC... it's crazy). We stop the fights - but, unsure how to handle the situation after. Today, the MC showed signs of difficulty breathing (panic attack?).

6- I have tried playing with them - to "release" this energy. Problem is - my Siamese is the only one that plays while the other two watch. The Siamese is extremely attention seeking - honestly if they were humans, wouldn't surprise me if he's instigating the problem. But these are cats so whatever "instigation" I see - is likely a coincidence (even though it seems him lead one of the cats towards the other multiple times >______< ). The Siamese likes to be the center of attention - each time I give another cat affection, he jumps on the other cat or approaches me meowing.

Here is where it gets bad - I want to try re-introducing them per Jackson Galaxy videos and I'm willing to put in the time. But my mother is at her wit's end - honestly she's changed since COVID. She doesn't want to work things out and wants a quick solution. I tried getting Jackson Galaxy Peacekeeper Essence Solution - did NOTHING. I don't know what else to do. My mother is losing it and just wants to give them up - I don't obviously. Are there any natural herbs/chews/food/anything that can help calm the situation a bit until I can figure things out?

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
she's changed since COVID.
Seems like Covid has made a lot of things more challenging.

Are there any natural herbs/chews/food/anything that can help calm the situation a bit until I can figure things out?
Yes. That said, I personally would avoid the plugin pheromone types - I've read that those can actually make things worse in certain situations.

There's spotify, Youtube, Alexa cat music, RelaxMyCat and MusicForCats.

From Peaches&Mango Peaches&Mango It’s called Pet Remedy US and UK (it has valerian). They do a variety of different applications of it (wall plug diffuser, wipes, spray etc).

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
www.bachflower.com

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others such as Feliway.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course Chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

Food Puzzles for Cats Licki-mats can be very helpful, as cats are calmed by licking.

This post talks about some other products;
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat

This has some further information;
Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

I don't know if there's anything different from JG, but just in case;
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Baz84

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much!! Highly appreciate it - will read the guys and try some of the supplements/chews. Hoping for the best

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a bully cat & I wish I had introduced them properly! I also wish I had stuck my punk Dante on prozac or cbd oil!!!!!!! Your mother & you need to get on the same page becuase cats (like little kids) will favor people or learn that different humans have different rules.

For now separate them & do site swapping. Give your bully thd run of the place for half the day while your sweet Himalayan is in a cat room. I would not let them see each other until prozac or cbd oil has kicked in for a few days on your bully. Then I would reintroduce them the Jackson Galaxy way. I wish you the best of luck!