Bull likes to take showers?

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So our kittens are 12 weeks old now and ready to go to their forever homes. We have decided that we are keeping Bull. He has decided that I am the best person in the world and it is his duty to never let me out of his sight and make sure I get plenty of kisses whenever I sit down. The little guy is obsessed with me. At first I thought it was just regular kitty cute…but then the other day he surprised me. He followed me to the bathroom when I took my shower. Then when I was in the shower he jumped up on the side of the tub and meowed at me. Then before I knew it he was dancing around my feet and getting all wet. He didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seem to care and he even started playing with the bubbles and chasing them to the drain. He stayed the whole time and I ended up having to dry both of us off. I thought that was really weird and laughed it off… but then the next morning he did it again. Then today he did the same thing for a minute and then jumped up on the ledge by the faucet until I was done showering.

He is a kitty who likes showers… is this normal? Does anyone else have a kitty who showers with them? I could tell from the moment he was born that he would be a little character.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like he loves you ALOT,lol. sure would make giving him a bath easier down the road,lol

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to my world! Since bringing home Sadie, I've yet to shower alone. She adores water - so much so that she even tries to have a bath with me.

mauld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How funny, quite a few years ago we had a female cat that loved having water poured on her head, or she would put her whole head under the faucet (not to drink, but just to get wet) whenever she heard one running. She wouldn't 'shake it off'', but walk around with a wet head. She passed away 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 23!! We've yet to have a repeat of this behavior with any of our other cats, and thought Kasey was pretty unique.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou sits right outside the shower but never comes in unless she tries to sit on the ledge and falls in
... She doesn't mind rain much though. Sometimes when I take a bath she'll try to drink the water, which is pretty gross and I have to keep an eye on her.
Your cat sounds absolutely adorable. Maybe he's convinced he's people?

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My male cat usually jumps on the bathroom counter to play with the water when I turn the sink on.

Now my mom does have a cat that will sit outside of the shower and cry whenever my brother takes a shower. Sometimes she even paws the door as if she is trying to dig through the door. If he opens the door she just sits there.

kittylova

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Stormysmom

So our kittens are 12 weeks old now and ready to go to their forever homes. We have decided that we are keeping Bull. He has decided that I am the best person in the world and it is his duty to never let me out of his sight and make sure I get plenty of kisses whenever I sit down. The little guy is obsessed with me. At first I thought it was just regular kitty cute…but then the other day he surprised me. He followed me to the bathroom when I took my shower. Then when I was in the shower he jumped up on the side of the tub and meowed at me. Then before I knew it he was dancing around my feet and getting all wet. He didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seem to care and he even started playing with the bubbles and chasing them to the drain. He stayed the whole time and I ended up having to dry both of us off. I thought that was really weird and laughed it off… but then the next morning he did it again. Then today he did the same thing for a minute and then jumped up on the ledge by the faucet until I was done showering.

He is a kitty who likes showers… is this normal? Does anyone else have a kitty who showers with them? I could tell from the moment he was born that he would be a little character.
I will love to have a cat like that.

motherofeight

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My five month old cat Eliza, will come into the shower with me. She likes to stand behind me and try to drink the water. If I move and the water hits her, she jumps back up onto the side of the tub. She's the only cat I've ever had that would come into the shower when it's turned on. All my cats prefer to drink from the bathtub with the water running slowly, than to actually drink from a water dish. Even my 8 week olds are trying to do this.

Tanya

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat Hobbes that used to take showers with me. Now there was a hitch to this, it was on his terms only, if we tried to give him a bath he would freak out and go hide!

njangel021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling just imagen it being two dancing around you .Out of the 10 cats that live in this house only Two love water and thats the maine coons if there is water there would be a Angel and a Toby
We have to fight them to use any water and forget doing the dishes when they are out cause its not going to happen

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are soooo lucky! I would love to have a kitty-cat like that. Both my girls are terrified of the shower. I used to give them baths when they were little to get them used to the experience but I think it just served to imprint "bathtub" as a traumatic place.

I have to use kitty-wipes to clean them now. And they even hate those...

Anyway, Bull sounds just precious. Do you have any photos of him?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellington and Dushka both love water, drink from the faucet and get under any running water, including the shower. Persil will sit on the edge of the bath and dip her paw, but that is as far as it goes.

littlekooky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shelby loves to sit at the edge and watch me shower or bathe. Its so funny because she'll sit there and meow. I pick her up and let her feet touch the water barely and she has a hissy fit!
Leo also likes to sit there and watch. When i put him in he doesnt do anything. He just sits there.