Bulk Cooking

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like this. In a couple of weeks I'll be having surgery for a complete replacement of my left knee. Himself doesn't cook (well, hot dogs in the toaster oven) and we don't really care for microwaveable meals from the store's freezer section. If it was winter I'd make soups and stews and things. But it is summer. So . . .

As I think I mentioned earlier I made a vat of spaghetti sauce and froze portions. Ditto pulled pork. This afternoon I ran some venison and pork through the meat grinder and have a vat of chili simmering away. Tonight's dinner and more to freeze.

I'll make tuna and macaroni salad close to my surgery date, and also chicken salad. But neither of those are long keeping

Anyone have any other suggestions?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big batch meals you can put in the freezer and take out to reheat as needed. Or recipes that can be frozen as a big batch and then you pop into the oven whenever you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You!, LTS3 LTS3 Those look like there are some wonderful ideas! Even for when I don't have knee surgery :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I made refried beans, about 4 cups worth. Had made pork and venison chili. With a can of diced tomatoes, a package of shredded cheese, soft flour tortillas and some time

Small Burritos_2022-07_ingredients.jpg

I now have a dozen small burritos in the freezer

Small Burritos_2022-07_ready for freezer.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A pot of pasta sauce. Your DH can throw together cooked pasta and heat the sauce in the microwave.
Meat loaf for the freezer? He can get that out and throw it in the oven. Cook veggies from the freezer.