Bugsy's Vet Visit - Stomatitis Follow up

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, Bugsy has been doing so well, his vet has agreed to discontinue his stomatitis medication - we were to check on his teeth often though, to make sure he would not relapse.
This is a follow up to this thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/245835/bugsys-vet-visit-1st-follow-up-since-raw

Fantastic news - his teeth look wonderful :woohoo:
He has been off meds now for 3 months, and Dr. E said his teeth look like he had a cleaning just last week :woohoo:
There was very very little inflammation, he said all the way to the back of his mouth, it is very clean just like the last time.
We don't need to worry for the next SIX MONTHS :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Dr. E said Bugsy is doing as well as he can be, in every aspect - he is one healthy cat!
For his allergy, he is very happy with my plan, and to continue with Evening Primerose Oil and Prosperous Farmer, and YEY for raw - he was AMAZED at how well he was doing, and said couldn't have a better follow up on him - he is perfect! :woohoo:

I am one HAPPY momma tonight :clap::clap::clap:

My baby is 100% drug free and as healthy as he can be! YEY!

Last edited:

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to look up stomatitis. I didn't know what it was.  Congrats on your healthy kitty.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :wooohoo: Carolina, I am absolutely BEAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :hyper: :D :high5: :banana1: :banana2: :banana1: :bigthumb: :blobmul:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :wooohoo: Carolina, I am absolutely BEAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :hyper: :D :high5: :banana1: :banana2: :banana1: :bigthumb: :blobmul:
that makes 3 of us! Three as I am sure Bugsy is as happy as I am to be healthy and off meds, hopefully for good now! :cross:

Last edited:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is sooo wonderful!!  My Lucy wants to be like Bugsy....she is showing a definite preference for raw food.  I wasn't planning on switching any of the cats over anytime soon (we were just using raw as snacks) but since it has the reputation of helping with inflammation I'm strongly considering it for Lucy.  She's eating mostly raw right now.

I had received my first shipment of Hare Today about a month ago and had it all packaged in the freezer when Leo threw it up after licking the bowl (didn't get much at all.)  I was so discouraged (I won't get bogged down in all the details of his throwing up) that I put the raw feeding on hold indefinitely.  Then when Stella and Chewy's was the only food that would tempt Lucy I thawed some of the hare today and it was a huge hit with all the cats.  They are all having it for breakfast these days (and Leo hasn't thrown up yet.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is sooo wonderful!!  My Lucy wants to be like Bugsy....she is showing a definite preference for raw food.  I wasn't planning on switching any of the cats over anytime soon (we were just using raw as snacks) but since it has the reputation of helping with inflammation I'm strongly considering it for Lucy.  She's eating mostly raw right now.

I had received my first shipment of Hare Today about a month ago and had it all packaged in the freezer when Leo threw it up after licking the bowl (didn't get much at all.)  I was so discouraged (I won't get bogged down in all the details of his throwing up) that I put the raw feeding on hold indefinitely.  Then when Stella and Chewy's was the only food that would tempt Lucy I thawed some of the hare today and it was a huge hit with all the cats.  They are all having it for breakfast these days (and Leo hasn't thrown up yet.)
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Oh I am so glad!
Yes, the key is to start slowly..... With Bugsy, because of his IBD, I started with 1TSP, and slowly increased over the course of 8 days until he was eating 100% raw.... He is doing amazing on it. When a kitty has inflammation issues, IMHO, there is just no better diet :nod: It is really a wonderful diet for those babies!
My vet and I are amazed - and his dentist in awe! :clap::clap::clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

on another great Vet visit.  I couldn't be happier for you, Carolina, and, of course, for Bugsy!