Bugsy's Vet Visit - 1st Follow up Since Raw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys :hugs:
Yeah, Dr. E certainly got his message across :nod: Loud and clear, I must say :argue:
He said that there are some cats that look awesome according to that chart, but have a fat layer around the organs very much like an obese cat, putting them in risk all the same..... On the other hand, there are some cats that look larger and don't show so much fat around the organs.... Of course Bugsy fit both categories - he looks fat AND has fat around the organ :doh3:
He said aim to 16lbs, but the most important thing is, he wants to be able to have a good feel on his organs - he wants to feel his kidneys. Made that very clear. Once he gets there, he feels he is safe.

Yep on pred - I must say, I am not fond of pred...... at all..... But seeing Bugsy with raw open wounds is so, so sad..... They are SO bad. They are as big as a nickel, and so sore, that the skin completely "unglues" open meat, bleeding raw mess :bawling: Must be very uncomfortable to say the very least. Neo-predef works temporarily, and prevents from getting infected, and from spreading it, but he still scratches after the effect is over.
He had been licking himself 24x7 too, which made his hairball problems worst.

So.... while I am not a fan of pred, I know he tolerates it well, and I know that he will be fine on a low dose, for a short term. I know long term side effects will not be an issue :nod:
I am not sure if he has herpes.... I don't think so..... He has taken pred on the past for his IBD, and while it didn't make any difference for that, id didn't cause any ill effects either :dk: so I am thinking he is not......

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW poor little man... Sorry about those sores and how much they are bothering him. The pred will help him a lot and is really well tolerated by cat's anyway. The dose is low and once you get improvement, you might even be able to spread it out to twice weekly to manage his allergies this time of year. :vibes::vibes::vibes: Give Bugsy a BIG :rub: and :kiss: tonight! :vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AW poor little man... Sorry about those sores and how much they are bothering him. The pred will help him a lot and is really well tolerated by cat's anyway. The dose is low and once you get improvement, you might even be able to spread it out to twice weekly to manage his allergies this time of year. :vibes::vibes::vibes: Give Bugsy a BIG :rub: and :kiss: tonight! :vibes:
:yeah: I don't plan to live him on for more than a few months.... . Will watch him closely, and will keep him on allederm too.... will try to get better as soon as the season is over :nod:
It sure acts fast - he groomed less today, and with the help of the soft claws, the wound didn't get scratched today, so the neo-predef is really working! :clap:
:hugs:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: I don't plan to live him on for more than a few months.... . Will watch him closely, and will keep him on allederm too.... will try to get better as soon as the season is over :nod:
It sure acts fast - he groomed less today, and with the help of the soft claws, the wound didn't get scratched today, so the neo-predef is really working! :clap:
:hugs:
Excellent to hear, Carolina!! Good news for Bugsy :rub: :clap::clap::clap::clap: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: that the progress continues and IT WILL!!!!!!!!! :happy3: ;)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep Laurie, you said it all along, didn't you? :hide:
Allergies are a funny thing...... Incredible how they hit all of the sudden...... He never had this...... then this year there it is -BAM!
I am happy to report that he is doing MUCH better today :woohoo: He is way more relaxed, grooming is close to normal, and the wound is healing, as he has not scratched it again :woo:
I have been putting the neo-predef 2x a day, and now it finally stays put, giving a chance to work :clap::clap::clap:
Today is the last day he takes pred daily, then he will go to every other day..... It has not affected his behavior in any way, so that's good..... He is doing just fine :nod:
He hates, hates hates allederm though - he tries his best to take it off/scratch it off..... So I am not sure if that stuff itches or what :dk:
I can't wait for fall to come! It can't be here soon enough!

Last edited: