Buddy - The Making Of An Adventure Cat?

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello My Friends
Thank you for posting Buddie's adventures, he is ultra cool! After Ginger heals up completely from her surgery we will have some adventures too. She has a harness and we have spent a good deal of time outside. We live in the high mountain desert and there are a lot of places to explore. Please post more of Buddy the adventure cat.
Jack and Ginger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found this weird box thing attached to a tree.
Dad said it's called a trail / game camera. He says it's used to take pictures of animals in the area.
Since I'm the cutest thing in the area , I gave them some close-ups of me.
Hope they like them...

DSCN7251C.jpg

DSCN7252C.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks I will look for Voyager in the pet store. I'd only been looking at cat harnesses, which is how I got the one I have now. I'm guessing I should get small size, maybe medium.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nice to see you again Buddy. Did your tail get even longer!? Yes, I think it did.

I'm looking forward to seeing your autumn adventure pictures. Hope we're going to see some pictures of the wildlife your Dad catches on that trail camera too.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
((Read as main event boxing announcer) Posting on New Cats on The Block page also)

In this corner, wearing a tortoiseshell coat.
Weighing in at a sleek 6Lbs.
On death row because of no room at the shelter.
Ended up traveling 969 miles, 19 hrs...
From sunny Orlando FL to cold and dreary Red Lion, PA...
It's... Ari-E-L!

Yes, I'm not sure if I was crazy or stupid.
I cut my kayak trip short 2 days in the GA, Okefenokee Swamp to travel back to Orlando to pick up a cat named Ariel.
By very strange events it led me to find the Orlando Cat Cafe. My wife and I went on 2/21. We met Ariel and I knew right away she was special.
Bringing a cat from FL to PA - don't be silly.
My wife flies home 2/22 and I start my kayak trip.
Well more strange events occur 2/26 which leads me calling and asking questions about Ariel and the adoption process which was done over the phone as I was 4 hrs away.... Long story short I pick up Ariel 3/1 and now she's at her forever home.
Trip home was super smooth. I had visions of a complete disaster. I blocked off the whole back of the car so she could have all that area.
She pretty much just sat on the seat the first 4 or 5 hrs of the trip.
The remaining time was at the back window watching everything around her.

Calling tomorrow to get an appointment with my vet to get her all checked out. Once clear I can start the introduction process with Buddy.

DSCN9988C.jpg

DSCN9971C.jpg

DSCN9959C.jpg

DSCN9963C.jpg

DSCN9957C.jpg

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Ariel is gorgeous, and I'm a firm believer in trusting your intuition when you meet a special little fuzzy friend. My own little 6 pound tortie has brought me nothing but joy since we clicked over a year ago, so I wish you and Ariel and Buddy the same!

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
(Ariel)
I had an awesome adventure today.
Dad took me on two of my firsts today.
First we went for a short bike ride to a little park.
Second I got to come out of the bike carrier and explore outside.
I'm still not 100% sure of this 50 pound harness Dad puts on me. I've only worn it 2 other times and it's sooo heavy for me. I did manage to find the strength to be able to walk around in the grass some. I think a few more times wearing the harness and I'll build up the muscles to handle it better.

DSCN0412C.jpg

DSCN0418C.jpg

DSCN0416C.jpg

DSCN0429C.jpg

DSCN0422C.jpg

DSCN0430C.jpg