Buddy - The Making Of An Adventure Cat?

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
elgecko elgecko , Our "Buddy's" might be twins? :lol:

BUT, our Buddy is no longer an outside adventure cat. He's used up every bit of his luck and now only adventures indoors.
For the longest time we thought he was the bravest cat EVER.
But, there's a fine line between brave and clueless. And as much as I hate to stay it....I can only now assumed that our Buddy is far from the sharpest tool in the shed. :lol:
basscat basscat I thought you threw Gibbs in the dryer for a minute! :lol: They do look like twins don't they!

sabian sabian maybe check out a product called "tile". It might be able to connect to a collar. Got one for my son's key ring. You can track it from your phone.
Thanks donnae donnae I'll check that out. I don't think he'll run off but it would be a comfort knowing I can track him. At this point I just put his harness on without the leash. I had a couple incidents were he got spooked and he did a somersault cause I was holding the leash. I'm afraid it's going to hurt him. He never goes more than 10ft from the basement door. I leave the door cracked and sit outside with him, he just runs back in the basement. He went by it the other nite and around the house and I just called his name. He came right back and had a look on his face like, oh I went the wrong way! For the first time the other nite he didn't pay any attention to the neighbors dog barking so he's making progress. Thanks for the info!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Funny I was just talking to someone today about a GPS for Manny. He gets spooked outside and tries to take off running. Luckily he always goes to the basement door but GPS would make me feel better. He was a yr and half when I got him and obviously abused at some point and scared of everything. He's making great progress though. Buddy looks right at home being outside and on a leash.
Posted my results in the tracker thread on the Bluetooth tracker I purchased.....Fail.

elgecko elgecko , Our "Buddy's" might be twins? :lol:
Sure could be. I guess mine got all the smarts. LOL

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posted my results in the tracker thread on the Bluetooth tracker I purchased.....Fail.

Sure could be. I guess mine got all the smarts. LOL
Yep. Nothing spooks Buddy. He's all about anything and everything he sees. He's had way too many close encounters and is now an indoor cat because of it.
Well, he has a kitty door and access to our screened in patio. The only opening is a one inch gap under the screened outer door. In the last month he's brought in five moles, one chipmunk, and had a bird under our bed this morning. (that's what I know about anyway). He lost the chipmunk and it got in the Christmas Tree. WEEE!!!! :lol:
Gibs' enclosure isn't 20ft away from that door and I've never seen him catch anything. LOL

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. Nothing spooks Buddy. He's all about anything and everything he sees. He's had way too many close encounters and is now an indoor cat because of it.
Well, he has a kitty door and access to our screened in patio. The only opening is a one inch gap under the screened outer door. In the last month he's brought in five moles, one chipmunk, and had a bird under our bed this morning. (that's what I know about anyway). He lost the chipmunk and it got in the Christmas Tree. WEEE!!!! :lol:
Gibs' enclosure isn't 20ft away from that door and I've never seen him catch anything. LOL
:crackup: :lol: :lol2: :bliss:

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guess he loves you more then Gibs, to get you so many gifts. LOL

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy's tent arrived and he is kikkkkkkkj;lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll typing for me. LOL Ready to go for an adventure.
I'll have him sleep in this tent when we go on any trips. I sleep in a hammock and don't want his claws anywhere near my down top & under quilt.
He will have to wait till spring next year. I may go in extreme conditions, but I'm not taking him in such conditions.

DSCN5236C.jpg

DSCN5229C.jpg

DSCN3986.jpg

Hang1.jpg

HangTemp.jpg

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy's tent arrived and he is kikkkkkkkj;lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll typing for me. LOL Ready to go for an adventure.
I'll have him sleep in this tent when we go on any trips. I sleep in a hammock and don't want his claws anywhere near my down top & under quilt.
He will have to wait till spring next year. I may go in extreme conditions, but I'm not taking him in such conditions.

View attachment 209163

View attachment 209164

View attachment 209168

View attachment 209165

View attachment 209169
*sigh* Oh to be young again....

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the pictures! It hasn't snowed here yet, but we're due for a couple of inches over the next week - I can't wait to take Mishka out and see her reaction.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wish I would have tracked how far we hiked on Saturday.

DSCN5551C.jpg

DSCN5553C.jpg

DSCN5533C.jpg

Here's some video. He was at a fast trot that I had to walk fast to keep up. It seems he forgot that I have to follow him. He puffed his tail at me twice with one of the times hissing at me... silly goof.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love that video!

He is so happy, look at that tail! :woohoo:
That was our first time hiking in this location. He said; I OWN this trail! LOL

With his tail and body posture I'm not doubting Buddy is going to be an adventure cat anymore!

I can not wait till it starts to warm up and I can get him out on the kayaks and try him on the SUP.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise