Buddy and Me

wawadoll8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings everyone! I originally and gratefully stumbled across this website when I was a brand new cat Mom with my Ricky Wu. Ricky passed away 12/27/21 of liver problems and cancer. My heart broke feeling his little body lose life and him slip away on that day. People kept asking me if I would get a new cat. Unexpectedly, Buddy came into my life. I was actually at one of the rescues to see another cat, but him and I didn't mesh, and Buddy meowed and ran over to me all exposed belly. I knew he chose me. Buddy came home with me in January 2022 and he is a complete ham that loves the camera, water (I think he would actually swim in a swimming pool), rolling over, and belly rubs. He is not a lap cat, but, over time, he likes to curl up next to me and lets me brush him. I still love and miss my Ricky who was the complete opposite as cuddle cat, but I am so grateful and love Buddy for making me laugh everyday and being such a loving companion.

I would love to share and connect with other cat lovers, and look forward to hearing all about you and your cats!

With Gratitude,
Mary

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A big welcome, or welcome back, to you, and a big welcome to Buddy. No, no one can take the place of a lost love, they make their very own place, and our hearts stretch a bit to make room. I'm so glad that Buddy let you know that he was your cat!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings everyone! I originally and gratefully stumbled across this website when I was a brand new cat Mom with my Ricky Wu. Ricky passed away 12/27/21 of liver problems and cancer. My heart broke feeling his little body lose life and him slip away on that day. People kept asking me if I would get a new cat. Unexpectedly, Buddy came into my life. I was actually at one of the rescues to see another cat, but him and I didn't mesh, and Buddy meowed and ran over to me all exposed belly. I knew he chose me. Buddy came home with me in January 2022 and he is a complete ham that loves the camera, water (I think he would actually swim in a swimming pool), rolling over, and belly rubs. He is not a lap cat, but, over time, he likes to curl up next to me and lets me brush him. I still love and miss my Ricky who was the complete opposite as cuddle cat, but I am so grateful and love Buddy for making me laugh everyday and being such a loving companion.

I would love to share and connect with other cat lovers, and look forward to hearing all about you and your cats!

With Gratitude,
Mary
Hi Mary
I adorr Buddy,I've a special attraction for orange boys,hear tell they have the best personalities .... The love of my life passed 7yrs ago,Cheech,looked alot like Buddy- God Bless you and your orange sweet boy for many joyful,healthy years to come

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wawadoll8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Buddy is so gorgeous! Welcome to TCS!
What a nice story, Mary. I'm so sorry about your Ricky. Some cats just grab your heart in a way that no other pet will. I'm so glad Buddy picked you!

Welcome to TCS, we're glad you're here. View attachment 451208
Thank you so much for your sympathies about my Ricky. He was the sweetest. I'm so very blessed and grateful that Buddy picked me, too! I do believe that they pick us!

wawadoll8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Mary
I adorr Buddy,I've a special attraction for orange boys,hear tell they have the best personalities .... The love of my life passed 7yrs ago,Cheech,looked alot like Buddy- God Bless you and your orange sweet boy for many joyful,healthy years to come
Thanks so much for your sweet and kind words! This is my first time having a ginger! I think they are known for their bold personalities!!

wawadoll8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A big welcome, or welcome back, to you, and a big welcome to Buddy. No, no one can take the place of a lost love, they make their very own place, and our hearts stretch a bit to make room. I'm so glad that Buddy let you know that he was your cat!
Thank you so much for welcoming Buddy and me and for all your kind words!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for your sweet and kind words! This is my first time having a ginger! I think they are known for their bold personalities!!
Lol,Cheech was my first one too,I've always been crazy bout black cats,tuvedos and gray tigers.... When I saw the litter I said" ORANGE"????? Well, okay......now I see them and just melt......

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back! :wave2:

Sorry to hear about Ricky. RIP sweet kitty. :angel3:

I'm glad another Buddy has since found his way into your life, to help fill the empty space in your heart. :petcat: