Brush your cat backwards! maybe...

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know whether this will help anyone, but today I discovered that my cat prefers it if I brushed him backwards in small short strokes...
I've been brushing my cat in the direction of head to tail since forever, and from the beginning, my cat has shown he doesn't care for the brushing. I had to chase after him to get each brush stroke in as he slinks and slithers away. Today as I was watching him groom himself, I noticed that he doesn't groom along his fur, rather, he grooms "backwards". That was when the lightbulb hit, and I thought I should try brushing him that way too, and lo and behold he was verrrry content - even rolling over onto his back so I can get his belly and fluffy leg-pits. I know most cats probably hate being brushed backwards, but if your cat has always hated being brushed the "right" way, maybe you can try brushing the other way and see if it works better!

*disclaimer: I will not be held liable for any brushing induced cat attacks resultant from the suggestion above*

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat hates it, but has super dense long hair so I have to comb it backwards and then brush it forwards a couple of times when he's eating, haha, how I envy your well-mannered cat!