Browser Crashing Just As Ads Are Loading In

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Morning! I'm trying to load TheCatSite on my usual browser (Opera, where I allow ads to be shown), and any page of TCS which I try to load in crashes just as I begin to see any ads show up on the page. I've tried to get in from the home page, and other pages. Crashes everywhere.

The Opera browser "error" message is:

"Page crashed - Unfortunately, something caused this page to quit. It might have been an extensions conflict or some other reason. Try reloading the page, or navigate to another page to continue."​

I can get into TCS just fine on my other browser, and I can therefore log in using that one. Since I have an adblocker on this latter browser, one main difference between the 2 browsers is whether I permit ads or not. So, could something be going on with an ad or something? Or could it be something else (an extension, like the Opera error message suggests)? My Opera browser usually is the one that handles TCS the best, but not this morning.

Is anyone else having trouble?

TIA!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: I think it's ad(s).

I just "unlisted" my whitelisted TCS choice, to block ads on Opera -- and the site works fine. So, I guess someone could try to take a look at an ad causing the crashes?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank for reporting this! Can you let me know which version of Opera you're using?

I'll also be looking into a couple of things on our end and see what might be causing the problem.