Brothers

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Remember this post: Sick cat..not sure what

Today I took the last brother, Heathcliff, to the vet because we knew something was off..
guess what...high fever and she felt some distension....so another fell victim to FIP..

I took him home for the weekend, spoil him rotten and love on him.

I am aware of the miracle cure mutian or GS and I tried to start a gofundme for Kion when his was sick. My sister shared it and then she told me I was taking it to the extreme...
You know what I find extreme? To have to put down 3 young cats because of this damn FIP....pardon my french

Sorry for my rant, I am just soo angry and sad right now...I took these cats from a farm, had them fixed, gave them love...they bit me when I had to catch them, flew up against the walls...but I worked my magic and they loved me and I them...I built a special room for them, why weren't they allowed to enjoy it?

Gorgeous brothers
IMG_20191122_152211.jpg
Heathcliff with his sister in their 'room'.
IMG_20200501_210221.jpg

I hope Fox will overcome this.... she'll be alone and what of she gets it too...what if it mutates in her.....

Thank you for reading....:sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did but it might be too late for Heathy. I follow every news about a cure ever since I lost my first FIP cat in 2017.
There is just no way to get the meds right now...

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that's what I was afraid of...unless you have some really good contacts :frown: (and won the lottery)

:vibes::vibes::vibes:that Fox does ok.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heathcliff is actually quite happy most of the time. Walking around, interested in interacting, playing with Fox. Both of them are not eating well. I wanted to spoil them with some yummy Royal Canin, but nope. They want their own kibble with some wet food and kitty milk. Heathcliff keeps burying everything...I put him on prednisolon and just keeping my eye on him...
I can't really do any more but wait....how do you decide when it's time huh? They hide illness so well and to wait for his liver to give out....pffff

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
:hugs: As long as Heathcliff acts happy, then I don't think it's time. Once he stops eating, or really slows down with it, and just basically sleeps all the time, then it's time, in my opinion. Plus he may hide away as much as he can. Hopefully it'll be awhile. They are absolutely positive it's not just an infection? As far as I know there is still not a test that 100% can identify FIP in a living cat, and sometimes diagnosing via symptoms is inaccurate. I ask this since you said he is acting happy. Is that usual that they show some improvement as it progresses? I don't really think so if it's FIP. Did they put him on antibiotics just in case?

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know, the same thought crossed my mind. He's off but he's so alert and playfull. I put him on prednisolone.
Because of Heath's brothers we didn't even discuss anything else....didn't think it could be anything else

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heathcliff is still here. He's happy, playing with his sister, initiating play and I found a food he likes. I gave them a couch as well
IMG_20200523_204122.jpg
He loves his sister
IMG_20200524_164455.jpg

He's still on his Prednisolone, keep checking him for jaundice. I want to have a check but I'm worried I might stress him out and he's doing ok for now

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ae they both eating well now? I don't believe you mentioned it, but did they put him on antibiotics at all, just in case? I wonder if that might help, again, "just in case". Why are you checking for jaundice. FIP doesn't usually effect the liver, does it? I just don't recall anyone ever saying their cats became jaundice with it. With H/L, yes, but not FIP. Or is it because he hasn't been eating enough of late? Is he still running a fever?

So glad he appears to be doing well. Initiating play and eating sound good!

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are both eating ok. Not like some of my other cats but its not concerning.
They haven't put him on antibiotics, it was clear to the vet it was FIP. But ever since he's been on prednisolone, his watery eye and runny nose are gone.

In my experience jaundice is the final fase of FIP...the liver gives up..it happened to all my FIP cats, except Wolf, his thorax was white with fluids.

Doesn't appear to run a fever, he's no warmer than usual... His ears are cool to the touch..