Bronchitis And Asthma....

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! It has been awhile. So, today hubby and I took Pixie to the vet because of a cough he has developed over the last week. At first I thought it might be hairballs (even though he has no history of having hairballs) but the coughing episodes weren't producing any hairballs, plus he has been sneezing and he has had watery eyes. After the coughing episodes he held his mouth open so I made an appointment with Dr. Mac. She listened to his lungs and said she could hear swelling and wheezing in his airways, and she took three chest xrays to look at his lungs. It turns out he has bronchitis and asthma, and Dr. Mac prescribed prednisone in the meantime to help with the inflammation to help him breathe better. The xrays are being sent to the radiologist to be reviewed, and the vet will call with the results and tell us the next steps for medications. We discussed the possibility of being prescribed a rescue inhaler with a mask for him and possibly allergy medicine to help with the sneezing. She said the sneezing could cause more swelling in his nose and airways. I am an asthmatic myself so I understand the importance of management so he can feel better and breathe again. Does anyone else on here have a cat with asthma? If so, what seems to work for your cat? I just want my baby to feel good again. He is still eating really good, he is using his litter box, and he still plays when he isn't having an asthma attack. He is up to 15 pounds, so we are very happy about that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I understand steam doesn't help much with asthma, but did your vet say anything about steam for the bronchitis?
The vet didn't say anything about steam for the bronchitis, but I don't see why I can't try it. Thank you :)