Broken car

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, I talked to my mechanic today, and both brakelines from front to back need to be replaced. He said it should be a couple hundred dollars..

I was expecting $300 as that is my usual bad luck number. I should be able to handle $200 or so since I got the bonus.

So all in all, I guess not that bad
Now at least I know they won't burst for a few years after this..

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks.
I guess the bright side of things is that you're finding out now when you have the time and money to fix it and not in the middle of the winter or somewhere on the road.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can call NAPA or any autoparts store and find out how much the lines are. They are probably less expensive, unless you have a great mechanic, to purchase them directly from the parts store and then have a mechanic put them on. Ask your mechanic if he'll do that if you provide the parts, then shop around at the places. Often mechanics (some) will raise the price of parts or add a certain percentage on.

All you should need to know is the part name, and then your make/model/year of your car. You may also try a junk yard, as they may have a brand new car there that was total but the parts are basically still good as they're still new.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

You can call NAPA or any autoparts store and find out how much the lines are. They are probably less expensive, unless you have a great mechanic, to purchase them directly from the parts store and then have a mechanic put them on. Ask your mechanic if he'll do that if you provide the parts, then shop around at the places. Often mechanics (some) will raise the price of parts or add a certain percentage on.

All you should need to know is the part name, and then your make/model/year of your car. You may also try a junk yard, as they may have a brand new car there that was total but the parts are basically still good as they're still new.
My mechanic doesn't charge me half what shops would charge. He is my buddy.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Does he know when your bluey will be ready?
I am going to call him in a few minutes to see...he takes FOREVER so I am guessing not today
Oh well, it is the cheapest..so whatever

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it also sucks being carless. When I ran my car hot and Lee and I shared the truck I hated it. If I wanted to go somewhere and he wanted to go another place we had to borrow his parents car or go together.